Weekly Challenge May 27-June 3: Conceptual Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browncoat

Conceptual_Photography_15.jpg
A little birdie told me...

Weekly Challenge May 27-June 3: Conceptual Photography

As the name implies, the goal with Conceptual Photography is to convey a concept or idea. The subject matter is typically abstract, and not always obvious to the viewer. This is a difficult challenge, and goes beyond thinking outside the box. You have to throw the box away.

These challenges are designed to help you grow in your photography skills and creativity, and also to have fun. Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on June 3rd (midnight EDT)...so get those photos in!

The Rules
1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.

2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system here.

3. Challenges will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.

4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge, unless otherwise indicated.

5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Browncoat

Please refer Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines, as well as item #2 in the original post. Photos must be taken during the dates specified, in this case, May 27-June 3.

EXIF data on the above photo reveals that it was taken 6/4/2011, almost a year ago.

TedG954

I'm new and my stuff is different, and I don't know any better. This parking lot used to be packed fence to fence, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Now, it's a Ford Plant without cars.

Presentation1ab.jpg

Last edited:

Lscha

This is a tough one for me. But, can you tell I love my camera?

conceptual1.jpg

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D3100
Image Date: 2012-05-31 11:13:08 -0400
Focal Length: 55.0mm (35mm equivalent: 82mm)
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure Time: 0.0025 s (1/400)
ISO equiv: 1600
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
White Balance: Auto
Light Source: Unknown
Flash Fired: No (Auto)
Orientation: Normal
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: PaintShop Pro 14.00

Last edited:

Kim20

This is a tough one for me. But, can you tell I love my camera?

View attachment 11607

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D3100
Image Date: 2012-05-31 11:13:08 -0400
Focal Length: 55.0mm (35mm equivalent: 82mm)
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure Time: 0.0025 s (1/400)
ISO equiv: 1600
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
White Balance: Auto
Light Source: Unknown
Flash Fired: No (Auto)
Orientation: Normal
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: PaintShop Pro 14.00

Phenomenal shot, Phenomenal concept, Love it.

Philnz

"As Hard As A"
DSC_2605.JPG
Model NIKON D5100
Shutter Speed 1/1600 s
F-Number f/10
ISO ISO 800
Exposure Bias Value 0.00 eV
Metering Mode Pattern
Flash Flash did not fire
Focal Length 80 mm
White Balance Auto white balance
Date/Time Original 1/06/2012 11:19:16 a.m.
I must say I am not sure if this image is what this Challenge is all about but after a week of sleepless nights it was all I could come up with.

Last edited:

Lscha

I'm new and my stuff is different, and I don't know any better. This parking lot used to be packed fence to fence, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Now, it's a Ford Plant without cars.

I grew up in Ford country and know what it was...Now I live in Chevy country and some of the plants were like that too.

TedG954

I grew up in Ford country and know what it was...Now I live in Chevy country and some of the plants were like that too.

The Ford and Chevrolet plants are only about a mile apart and both are like ghost towns. At one time, during the cold-war, those two facilities were considered to be "ground zero" for a Russian bomber or missile attack on Cleveland. Now, they're not quite as important.

Lscha

The Ford and Chevrolet plants are only about a mile apart and both are like ghost towns. At one time, during the cold-war, those two facilities were considered to be "ground zero" for a Russian bomber or missile attack on Cleveland. Now, they're not quite as important.

I should have said Ford and GM. Well, I was referring to Clinton Township vs Saginaw. But you're right. Things have changed.

Kim20

Concept of Aging Gracefully
concept of aging2.jpg
I did an image overlay for this, the idea came as i was looking at my reflection the other day,....... and I tried to thing of something to show the beauty of the changes of life, as well as the ordinary everyday simplicity of it.

Shoots808

Marriage.

7315833132_2e3ed12175_b.jpg
Nikon D5100
Exposure0.022 sec (1/45)
Aperturef/4.0
Focal Length35 mm
ISO Speed125
X-Resolution300 dpi
Y-Resolution300 dpi
OrientationHorizontal (normal)
Date and Time (Original)2012:05:29 18:05:26

Marta

Reflexions of Faith.jpg

An almost blind devotion is dedicated to the Virgin of Guadalupe in Mexico. This is a reflexion of a huge painting on a rock wall by a dam in a remote area of Chihuahua Mexico. You find paintings of her everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.