• lenstest 074.jpg
    lenstest 074.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 17,797
  • lenstest 072.jpg
    lenstest 072.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 16,333
Last edited:

Mark Hallett

can you verify that you can now trick the d3200 into using cheaper non nikon batteries please i have seen a video on youtube showing this with the older d3100 but not the d3200 as i am in the uk & these things take a while to filter through to uk it would be much appriciated to have the knowlage before i comit to buy a d5100 grip for my new only arived today d3200 many thanks for all your help Martk Hallett

Mark Hallett

OK i have just read your reply again & notice you say that you have to keep an original nikon battry in the grip as well as a non nikon battry, Now im only thinking out load here how do you know the grip is using both or just one, erm what i mean is with the d90 & mb-d80 grip the camera tels you what each battery level is at so you can change one or both as you need to.with d3200 & grip you dont know if its useing one battery or both because you saying you have to keep one original nikon batt in then im thinking it is only useing that battery & not reconising the other non nikon as you say it wont work on the non nikon battery in the grip alone ? I hope i have made it clear what im trying to say because it is a difficult one to explain.im thinking thed3200 still is not reconising the non nikon batt even in the grip? can you tell me that the non nikon battery has gone flat while in use on the d3200? Many thanks for all your help Mark

Mark Hallett

Well thats ok but for the one battery to run the clock if only the genuine nikon battery works in he grip because you say the grip needs a genuine & non nikon in to run the camera , so if just runing the clock it would always need the genuine batery wouldnt it ?
sorry for sounding so dumb ,but the new technolagy is somewhat baffling
many thanks for all you help thus far ,I think i may just invest in one of those grips if i can get one in the uk & not have to inport one Thanks again Mark

Mark Hallett

Thank you so much for all your help pistonbroke funny i had just found the same grip & a few other batteries too from the uk too & I will be purchasing on pay day .
I would like to asume from your usename you must be a petrol head like myself too & i did not realise you are in the uk I thought you was in the usa .
many thanks again Mark

Mark Hallett

Thats Great news as I have now ordered min & am awaiting deliver of the grip & battery many thanks again .
I will let you know how i get on with them when i have tried them out Cheers Mark

Mark Hallett

OK so they just arrived in the post. I have the battery charging & the grip fitted & tested with the nikon battery working well ,some slight bad points are the fit to camera. Not as good as I had hoped & the shape of the grip could have been better molded, but only small gripes for the price, & the fact nikon aren't even going to make one,just like the D70. I had a 3rd party one for that & I tried 3 makes before I found one that fit well & felt good .
But I don't have the time or money to shop around .
This is the Meike one for the nikon D5100.
I have also purchased this twin charging unit from Amazon too. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005PMRUGA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
When it comes I will review & let you all know about it
Many thanks again.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE ...whilst the 5200 grip works fine and fits 99% I see that the grip for the 3100 is also being sold as compatible with the 3200 so maybe a better option. Cheap $10 battery still working fine ..no problems with this set up

Oldschooldude

I tried the Meike D3100 vertical grip with my D3200 and it didn't work. The vertical release did nothing, and the battery compartment door didn't fit in the provided storage slot. Still looking for a compatible grip.