W/B setting

Jo-Ann Gallgher

Hello, Has anyone experienced there W/B setting suddenly jumping from the one you set it to, to a random one? I am doing a photo shoot and have it set on Flash and a couple of shots in I noticed it was on Flourescent!!! My W/B is not set on auto bracketing either.

Second question, My friend has the same camera and we are using blue gels and her camera picks the color where my does not???? All are setting are the same and its just very strange!:apologetic:

Any tips or comments would greatly be appreciated!!

Thanks

Oomph

I had an issue with the D90 and the Tamron 90mm/SB-700 on one or two of my shots. I used this chart and played with the K settings on a solid colored subject to try and lock down if it was the camera or my lack of understanding in regards to WB settings and subject distance from flash. The SB-700 has a flash zoom i had to adjust after measuring the lens to subject distance as required by the display, as well as power. It took almost an entire day but my issue located in the topic " http://nikonites.com/d90/6020-errm-whats-color-shift.html " I dont know if the WB is very different on the 700 vs 90, but i hope this at least helps some.
colortemp-300x235.jpg