Nikon D600 - For real, when, and price?!

T.Behuniak

Hey, just posting to check out how much info we have on the Nikon D600 that is said to come out this summer. I heard all the new stats. about it - around $1500, FX, comes out in summer, etc. Just want to know if anyone has heard anything new or different than what I have. The main controversy I hear is weather it will have a built in AF motor or not. Every site i look at says something different. Comment if you know the truth-or what is said to be true up to now anyway. Thanks

Rick M

Hey, just posting to check out how much info we have on the Nikon D600 that is said to come out this summer. I heard all the new stats. about it - around $1500, FX, comes out in summer, etc. Just want to know if anyone has heard anything new or different than what I have. The main controversy I hear is weather it will have a built in AF motor or not. Every site i look at says something different. Comment if you know the truth-or what is said to be true up to now anyway. Thanks

No one here, or on any forum, is going to know anything for certain until Nikon announces or intentionally leaks something.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
. . . So true . . . This is all pure speculation or colloquially speaking -- Gossip. ;)

No one here, or on any forum, is going to know anything for certain until Nikon announces or intentionally leaks something.

Not entirely true. Nikon still gives prototypes to people to test, and even though they sign non disclosure agreements, details of new stuff still leaks.

Phillydog1958

i hope that most of what we are hearing is reality. I'm interested. ;) I don't doubt the existence of the D600. It's coming . . . I believe that most of the leaked rumors are true. I'm just saying that we have to take some of the rumors about specific features, with a grain of salt and that we can only await Nikon's official announcement. There is often much truth in gossip, but until they make that official announcement, it's all gossip. Now, I must admit that it's fun to speculate and anticipate.

Last edited:

Rick M

Not entirely true. Nikon still gives prototypes to people to test, and even though they sign non disclosure agreements, details of new stuff still leaks.

Agree, however as the "details" travel around they get degraded and unfortunately we don't know whats fact or fiction

RRRoger

Looks like a cross between a D7000 and D800 to me.
Slightly heavier (50g) and probably larger to accommodate the FX mirror box.

New/updated Nikon D600 specifications: 80% probability!

• 24.7MP full frame sensor
  • Weight: 760g (850g with battery and memory cards), the D800 weights 900g
  • 3.2" LCD with 921K dot with ambient sensor control
  • HDMI output
  • Video compression: H264/MPEG-4
  • Full HD with 30p, 25p, 24p, HD with 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p
  • Viewfinder coverage: 100% for FX , 97% for Dx
  • The Nikon D600 will have built-in AF motor
  • The body most probably will be weather sealed
  • The D600 may not have built-in GPS as initially reported
  • ISO range: 100-6400 (with Lo-1 ISO 50 and Hi-2 ISO 25,600)
  • 39 AF points (with an option of 11 AF points), 9 cross-type AF points
  • AF face detection
  • Exposure compensation: ±5 EV (same as the D800)
  • The D600 will probably use the EN-EL15 rechargeable Li-ion battery
Previously reported Nikon D600 specs:

• 5 fps (same as the D700, the D800 has 4fps)
  • 2 SD card slots with Eye-fi support
  • Build-in retouching images functionality
  • Built-in flash with sync speed of 1/250s
  • Two user settings: U1 and U2
  • Fn button
  • Auto DX crop mode
  • In-camera RAW editor
  • Built in time-lapse functionality
  • Possibly with build-in HDR
  • New external battery grip
  • To be released this summer

Read more on NikonRumors.com: New/updated Nikon D600 specifications | Nikon Rumors

Phillydog1958

I don't follow you. Are we talking about the D600? You pre-ordered a camera that doesn't exist? How much of a deposit did you put on the D600? I did not know a merchant would allow that.

Last edited:

RRRoger

I am first on their list.
They have one buyer for 3 stores and I will get the first D600.
It worked the same way for the D300, D700, D3, D4, and D800.
They generally only get one or two cameras in the first batch, but I got a D4 (had to pass for lack of cash) and D800 before anyone I know of at B&H, Adorama, or Amazon.

Rick M

I am first on their list.
They have one buyer for 3 stores and I will get the first D600.
It worked the same way for the D300, D700, D3, D4, and D800.
They generally only get one or two cameras in the first batch, but I got a D4 (had to pass for lack of cash) and D800 before anyone I know of at B&H, Adorama, or Amazon.

There are advantages to local shops. I walked into one near me and was suprised to see a D800 on the shelf, while you still can't get them from the big retailers. Do they have any more info?

Last edited:

RRRoger

There are advantages to local shops. I walked into one near me and was surprised to see a D800 on the shelf, while you still can't get them from the big retailers. Do they have any more info? QUOTE

No, they were completely in the dark, and in shock when the D800 arrived without even a shipping notice.
Their source of information is their Nikon USA sales rep and either he won't say or knows less about what is going on than we do.