Nikon D-300 Bracketing order

BooBoos

If you go into menu, then set picture control.I have mine set to vivid. From there to quick adjust and you will see sharpening. Mine is set to 5 is that where it is normally set? Does anyone go up higher?

BooBoos

I shoot J-peg.I am concerned about the sharpness setting. I am not sure if its in the correct location. I am wondering if my photos could be a tad bit sharper.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I rarely shoot JPEG so I'm not gonna be much help. You might want to set up a test and do a series of shots where you vary the settings.

Besides in camera settings you need to consider the lens and environment. Are you using a VR-type lens? Are you using a tripod and remote release or shooting handheld?

I'd suggest posting an example of your concern with the image EXIF information.

BooBoos

Most of my images are pretty sharp. I use a monopod most of the time for the zoo photos. The plexiglass at the bronx zoo is terrible. It is all scratched and fingerprints. I am curious why that adjustment setting for sharpness is there.

pedroj

Most of my images are pretty sharp. I use a monopod most of the time for the zoo photos. The plexiglass at the bronx zoo is terrible. It is all scratched and fingerprints. I am curious why that adjustment setting for sharpness is there.

Why do you have it set to vivid...I would have thought it would be over saturated with this setting.....

I sharpen my images on the computer...I find some shots need more sharpening...