It's been a while

BigNicG

Had a chance to get back into a studio again and work on my lighting 1 and 3 are straight out of the camera and 2 has some pp done with Nik Color efex pro 4. Any ideas on what I can do to improve would be great. DSC_6335_2.jpgDSC_6485.jpgDSC_6497.jpg

JulianK

Not bad at all, you've filled out the environment nicely and exposure is good. A few things I noticed that may be of help:

When shooting portraits you get real punch and definition by lifting the main studio head around 2+ feet taller than the subject facing down at 45 degrees and positioned diagonally at 45 degrees from the subject. Use the second light quite close, just out of frame on low power as a side/back light shooting off a silver brolly at just below shoulder level on the opposite side.
Have an upward facing reflector to bounce that steep main light back up to fill out the neck and eyes.
Don't worry too much about lighting the background. The background will have more depth and your subject will pop more if you just let the above set up do it's thing and create a soft shadow behind.
Example of this exact and simple lighting set up below.

white_witchEditorial.jpg

Last edited: