D700 LCD colour

barcar99

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and I just had a quick question. I recently noticed that the colour I'm getting on my d700 lcd in very different from what I'm getting my my computer screen. What I get on my computer screen looks great and my prints from my local shop come at great too.

But the lcd is way off. I've looked through the menus and can't seem to find a setting to adjust only the lcd colour and not have that effect the actual file.

Thanks guys,
Barry

pedroj

Hi Barry and welcome...It might be something as simple as the screen being to bright or dark...I can adjust the brightness of the screen of my D300 so I assume you can with the D700...

barcar99

yes I can also adjust the brightness but that's not fixing the issue. The colour on my lcd seems to have alot more magenta than I see when I upload the image to my computer.

I have two d700, one of them is bang on but the other is way off. when I upload pictures from both cameras the colour is identical on my computer but very different on the lcd.

Someone

hey barcar99,

i also have 2 d700's, and only very recently got the same issue as you with the one... did you sort yours out or still looking for an answer?
would like to know what caused this!

kind regards,

-Oy-

Have you checked your in camera processing settings? What you see on the LCD is a JPG preview based on those settings - even if shooting RAW. If the two cameras are set up differently - the LCD view will be different.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Have you checked your in camera processing settings? What you see on the LCD is a JPG preview based on those settings - even if shooting RAW. If the two cameras are set up differently - the LCD view will be different.

Oy - the thread appears to be pretty old and the OP only posted twice. It looks like they've ventured elsewhere.

STM

The D700 LCD is a handy thing to be sure but what you see on it is only an approximation of what the actual file looks like and should therefore be taken with a grain of salt.

daredevil123

I wouldn't expect two units of D700 to be too different actually. Back when I had two D700s, they looks identical on the LCD. I would think it is the settings in the picture styles. One of the posters above is right, the image preview is based on JPEG settings. It is either that, or a trip to the doc is in order.