Pics dark

viscountdriver

I took some shots using various apeture settings and they all came out dark. I was able to edit them ok in PhotoPlus but it seems I didn't have enough white balance.Is there any way in View NX2 I can fins what settings I used?

SteveH

Hi Viscount,
In ViewNX you can review your settings using the right-hand panel, where you should see a section containing metadata. You might need to open the pane out to see all the information, but it does include apperture, shutter speed, flash, ISO and mode settings. Also if you had exposure compensation set, it will be in there too.

Steve

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
If using windows you can also right click on the pic, view properties and select the details tab.

Sounds like your shutter speed was off and/or you needed more light.

SteveH

Are you shooting in RAW, or JPEG? I use ViewNX and the right hand pane is split vertically, the top being editing options, and the lower being meta data including the camera info, lens, location and all the setup info for the shot.
I haven't looked to see if the info is recorded with jpeg shots or not since I only use it for raw.

Steve

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2

viscountdriver

Thanks.The properties gave me the info I wanted but raises another point. The light was quite good that day. I understood by using apeture the camera looked after the speed. It came out at a very high speed. Should I set both?

pedroj

Are you shooting in manual mode...

Aperture Priority is the mode you need A...---You choose the aperture and the camera will set the shutter for the light conditions...Don't be afraid to use your flash...

Put your white balance in auto...Check out your manual,there's lots of good information in it...

Last edited:

viscountdriver

009.JPGI set apeture F8 it came out 4000 ISO 100