Hello

glob375

my first day here , from TORONTO , need some help just getting in to digital photography now , wants to know which is the best nikon for general photography ,plus
weddings ,, i have seen D200 heard about D90 also newer 3000 and 5000 ,, i have been
told by a lab technician that D200 work is easy to correct for skin colours etc need
your take on it , thanks every one in advance

Last edited:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Hello! If you're just starting I would recommend the D3000 or D5000. They're both great starter dSLR's and the D5000 has the same image sensor as the D90.

Curt

I would suggest you look for a used D80, its a fantastic camera, mid range price ($1000) but you can pick one up now for about $400. to $500.
If you check E Bay, etc. I got one with the lens (18-135) plus the Battery grip and a couple of 4GB cards for $550.00. So look around. Its well worth it.
Better camera then the D3000 or D5000, as good as the D90, but no video (but who needs that)??

glob375

thanks All

thanks for replies , one thing i forgot to tell that , i was a wedding photographer
and was shooting with hasselblad , i m retired now but just may get some wedding
or other work .dont want to spend more then a 1000.00

KennethHamlett

Re: thanks All

thanks for replies , one thing i forgot to tell that , i was a wedding photographer
and was shooting with hasselblad , i m retired now but just may get some wedding
or other work .dont want to spend more then a 1000.00
As a Hassy shooter comparing the new Nikon models is like comparing the old 500CM with the 2000 FC...different photogs liked different things about each model, but the overall quality and performance of either camera worked well. Same with the new Nikon stuff. The D5000 and D90 have the same sensor technology with different feature sets...image quality is comparable between the two. If you want to compare actual RAW image quality to RAW image quality of any digital camera or camera back, just visit this site. Welcome to dxomark.com (beta), a free resource dedicated to RAW-based camera image quality This is the most comprehensive data you'll find on sensor technology and RAW quality. Honestly, the Fuji lineup of digital cameras offers the most pleasing flesh tones for portraits and wedding shots. Basically, they are Nikon bodies (D200) with proprietary Fuji sensor technology. Check out the discontinued S5. You can get it for a song and a dance and still shoot with Nikon lenses. FinePix S5 Pro (Discontinued Model) | Fujifilm Global

KennethHamlett

I love the D90 and all of its features and the build of the camera and how comfortable it feels in my hand. I don't have any experience with the D200, so unfortunately I can't give an honest opinion. Reading the specs are one thing, but as you know, working with a camera makes all the difference in the world.

glob375

Hello
can any one tell me the difference bet D90 and D300s both have same engine etc , other then stronger body
what is the difference thanks in advance

glob375

Hello
just bought a nikon 300s and have a question ,i have old modling light's wich are like 200 watt sec , one camera
store said u cant use them with 300s, since synch cord cant handle so powerfull flash,, but i met one photographer
he said u can use it , i like to know the fact if any one can answer, thank you in advance