v 1.03 problems?

Skribbles

Hey fellas,

I posted this in the firmware sticky but didnt get any responses, dunno if it was because its not often looked at or what but figured Id ask in the general bit as I'm still seeing this problem.

Anyways, the gist of the problem is that since updating to v 1.03, the camera's exposures are all out of whack, often over exposing or under exposing, with the same settings in the same conditions, with auto or manual.
Also blows out areas of the picture.

Anyone seen anything like this before?
I'm thinking of reverting back to the previous version as its no good like this.

Skribbles

No, not that I can find. I've also had it under expose a few times aswell.

It only started doing it after updating the firmware.

ccoulson

Mine does this as well... Sometimes I feel like im going crazy.. I feel like I have no control over the camera... not great when taking photos for folks.
Its been going on a while now... Is this a new update...? Mine is not bracketing or anything....

Skribbles

Ah, nice to know I'm not alone.

Yeah, it's like that, the camera just has a mind of its own.

Yeah, the 1.03 version firmware is the one that came out end of last year.
Do you have this one?

ccoulson

I do have that, but mine may have been doing it before then. Its like its metering incorrectly. Also, Ive caught mine Having a different fstop number in the viewfinder than on the control panel....YIKES

Skribbles

I havnt noticed that with the Fstops, mine could be doing that aswell.

I might put 1.02 back on mine tonight, and see if that is the cause.
It's near useless as it is right now, a P'n'S has more consistency and potential.
I only need 1.03 to fix the memory card issue I get with the 16gb UHS-I.

ccoulson

Thats why I downloaded it as well. my 16 gig card wasnt working either... Im really frustrated. I had to send it off for repair for a back focus issue... and I really dont want to have to send it off again.. But I cant take three pics in a row that are the same.. I dont know what to do!!!! Please let me know if taking that off works!

Skribbles

Well I finally got to get out and use it for a bit and can say that with v1.02, this problem is non-existent.
Why I/we have this problem with 1.03 is beyond me, would figure there would be a lot more people with the issue.

Unless it didnt install properly the first time.

The upgrade is only to do with chip issues and battery voltages ..try uploading the firmware again starting from scratch ie upload again from Nikon both my D7000 have been upgraded with no problem ...

Skribbles

I'll update it again soon, should be able to get out and use it again within the next couple of days, hopefully thats all it is.
As annoying as it is to have a card error every now and again, I would rather put up with that than a useless $1600 brick.

ccoulson

So did you have the card error again.... that terrifies me, when im doing a shoot to get a card error..... Please let me know when you have put 1.03 back on and let me know how it goes.

Skribbles

Yeah, I got the card error once during about 520 pics, just had to take the card out and put it back in.

Yup, no worries mate, should be able to get out and use it this weekend.

Dooku77

So with the new update would you still consider this a great camera to purchase? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this camera and some of these issues scare me.