Dark halo over bright objects

ccoulson

Hi I thought i posted this but its not showing up.

So, ive been noticing my 7000 has been acting up the past couple of days and I am hoping its my fault. For starters, Ive noticed that the f stop in the viewfinder is sometimes different thatn what is on the control panel...... Yikes

Next Ive been noticing an ALARMING dark halo around bright objects, that has never happened to me before. Its very frustrating and I need help!!!! In this photo the halo is over the chair.... that is NOT a shadow. It also has happened in some shots that were not so bright or have such stark contrast. Untitled.jpg

Please help. f 2.5, 1/200 ISO-800 Exposure bias -.3 Pattern metering no flash
Untitled.jpg

westmill

Banned
Re: Halo. Please help

The first thing you should do, is to go into your menu and find and use the bit that takes the camera back
to factory settings. This will hopefuly solve the case of you having something set you shouldnt.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Would you happen to have "D Lighting" function set on high by any chance? This is the first thing that comes to mind. Try turning it off if it was on.

ccoulson

Hey thanks guys... the D-lighting seems to be set to Low. Im not really sure why this would happen all of the sudden. kind of disheartening