What PC Lens that will work with D-90?

fotojack

I don't quite understand the question. What do you mean what PC lens? Here's what I DO know: any AF-S and AF lens will work on your D90.

westmill

Banned
They certainly will. I know they work on the D300 and D700 with auto aprature control.
I would have thought the D90 would work just the same. I dare not say thats a fact though.
I think its about the fact the camera has to be capable of screwdrive. I cant see as they shouldnt work on
any Nikon as long as you dont mind manual stop down metering though.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I couldn't get a direct answer when I asked about to Perspective Control lenses in the past. These lenses will work on my D-90?

Did you look in your D90 manual. Usually near the end there is a list of lenses that will work with the camera. But I'm quite certain tat they will work with the D90.

I just looked in my manual and Nikon say they are compatible but there might be an issue when decentering the lens. I think I've read that it's the flash protrusion that gets in the way of the lens decentering.

So maybe try to google this question and see if you could get an answer on another forum… ??? Let us know.

westmill

Banned
Ok ... on a d40-d60 you get only 6mm of vertical movement.... D90 = 8mm
D300 d700 D3x etc 11.5mm.
It seems the built in flash design of the older or none pro range does indeed infringe on the working mechanism.
So yes it certainly works, but its rather restricted.

Bill4282

Russell, I suggest you go to the Nikon website and access the digitutor in the Support section. They have a free tutor for the D90. Also, I downloaded the D90 for dummies onto my nook and iPhone. Both sources are very helpful for beginners and fully explain all the functions and settings for your camera.