Just Purchased D5100!!

arsalann24

I'm officially a proud owner of the Nikon D5100 DSLR. I also got two lenses one is the 18-55mm (which came with camera) and the other is the 55-300mm. Can't wait to to start using it and sharing some of the photos I capture. Just wanted to thank the people on the forum who helped me decide and gave their two-cents on the questions I had... Appreciate it!! :)

RickSawThat

I'm a D5100 user too and use it every day to participate in the project 365. I got the camera not very long before I started posting in Project 365 thread on this site. I must say if you want to get to know your camera and the controls backwards and forwards jump into the project 365 thread. At this point I don't even think about the controls I think about the images I'm trying to capture. The camera has become second nature from so much continuous use.

There was a bit of a learning curve to the camera and post processing the images (at least for me) - stick with it and refine, refine, refine how it works best for you. You will quickly get to the point where when you see what you want to shoot, the image will absolutely reflect your vision.

Looking forward to seeing your pics :) Welcome to the site!

Tobrew

RickSawThat is right on the money. After I bought my D5100 I did a 30 day photo challenge, 365 is next on my list, and I'm glad that I did. It really forces you to learn your camera and have fun while doing it. Don't be afraid.

arsalann24

So other than the manual that comes with the camera and the topics on the forum.. Is there any other place I should look to better understand on how to use the camera to its full potential?

AC016

Congrats! I jsut got a D5100 as well. Had D3000 before. I beleive that this is a great camera, a pro-sumer model i guess you could say. I am certain that you will use it for many, many years to come. Enjoy it:)