eyecup

Bukitimah

Hi, I was surffing the net but couldnt get a good photo or youtube on the above. I wear specs and the original eyecup is not effective. I have previously owned a round piece that come with a side extender, not sure you guys know what I mean. But it is not convenient for people like me with specs.

I am looking for a round type. Someone shows me DK2 but advised that I bring my camera for them to install. Sounds like it is not easy to install. Do you guys know which model and how to do it? Where can I catch a video on this?

Thanks

Bukitimah

I had one of this but it drop off without me realising it. However, with eyeglasses, the petruding part is hindering the glass. I think a flat piece would be better. The original eyecup is a bit too 'in' and my nose touches the body (screen) before eye can reach the cup.

fotojack

I use the Hoodman eyecup, too. Works really well with glasses on, as I tilt the long end up, as in the photo, to clear my glasses. And it's very easy to install in place of the stock eyepiece.

D200 eyecup.jpg

Bukitimah

OK guys, I managed to speak to a staff in Nikon Singapore and he invited me to visit the show room. I just came back and bought the eye cup set. You need not modify but simply assemble the parts together.

1) DK-22 eyepiece Adapter - S$6 (part no FAF50501)
2) DK-3 Rubber eyecup -S$13 (part no FAF 50402)
3) 0 DPTR eyepiece correction lens - S$18 (part no FAF 02101)
Total cost S$37.00

If you are wearing glasses, this is a better option than the Hoodman Hoodeye.

I will try to post some photos when I get home. Good Luck.

Bukitimah

Lastest update. I just dropped the eye piece while on holiday. It is quite easily hook off when you are not careful. Best not not use it during travel. Now got to try to source for a replacement.

Bukitimah

Ok, as I have mentioned, I loss the dk3 and the DPTR during my holiday. Yes, it can come off quite easily. I decided to revisit this and found a better solution and cheaper! You just need to DK 22 and DK 3. Forget about the DPTR which is about USD $14. Use epoxy glue to stick the DK 22 and DK 3 together before fixing it to your camera. This is more secure and cheaper!

Eye-level

Banned
I would be fashionable and get the back off of an old F or F2 viewfinder and glue it onto the back of your rig. There are tons of cheap diopters and eyecups and all kinds of stuff out there from this era. It is good stuff too.

Sambr

That's the first thing I change is the eye piece with an"eyecup" the ones on the D800 700, & D4 are round & screwed on so they don't fall off like the ones that slide over the square ones of the DX bodies.

Eye-level

Banned
F and F2 have the screw in thing going on...so easy...pop one off a finder and glue it to the back of the camera. I am going to have to look into this for the D5000...I hate the viewfinder on that thing maybe this would help with some kind of crazy luck.

Last edited: