Slow Load Times ?? let us know here

F & F2 Man

I see all kinds of plugins loading when I go from one thread to another.... OR when I post or edit..

Facebook
Plusone by Google'
a few others that say READ, or TRANSFER in my browser loading notice bar.

It takes a good 10s to 20s before I can edit a post.

I have a T3 Cable connection
8gig ram
2.3ghz 4 core CPU

It is slower than a few days ago...

Thought you may want to know.

Eye-level

Banned
This forum has always been a huge drag on my poor old obsolete computer and connection...the puter at work is a cable connection and an updated machine so the site works super fast there...but man here at home on the wireless connection it is like shooting 1/8 or 1/2 handheld... :)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Hrm, all systems look normal from my end.

I'll have to think of a way members can choose to disable social media stuff. It can sometimes lag pages loading. Other times it's possible there is something going on with the database (like a backup or a locked table somewhere).

fotojack

I get slow load times here, too, and all those load plugins, too, like Street. Every other web site I go to does not have this problem; loads are fast and almost instantaneous. Between posts and going from one to another takes between 10 and 20 seconds to load.

th33ch0

Hrm, all systems look normal from my end.

I'll have to think of a way members can choose to disable social media stuff. It can sometimes lag pages loading. Other times it's possible there is something going on with the database (like a backup or a locked table somewhere).

Why not have another theme created that is a light theme and does not have those "portal blocks", if you will. Should not be that much coding as you can use css display:none. Another option is to install a var in the php and check if its set and if so then use a different css/index.php.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
For now you can select "Nikonites Mobile" in the bottom left of the footer to get a very slimmed down version of the site. Not all features will be available though.

Eye-level

Banned
OK I went and changed my settings...it is taking some getting used to navigation wise but I am liking it...seems to work a lot better...and is sort of a cool format...I'll test it out for a few days and see if i like it better... the grid menu button seems to be the secret to navigating your way around...

Pretty cool I like it! :)

Eye-level

Banned
It operates way more smoothly and is much quicker even on my old machine with an ancient wireless high speed connection...

I think it has one fatal flaw however...although it appears to me that I can get notifications (likes) there does not seem to be a way to give a "like" or else I haven't found it yet...those "like" deals are posting motivaters and build camraderie or however the hell you spell it... :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I find the site VERY SLOW today. Specially loading pics from the gallery or post with pics in them.

Is there something wrong at my end only or is it like this for some of you too?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Was probably just my service provider cause it just came back as fast as it was yesterday and the days before. Maybe they were servicing the network at my end.
Thanks