Don't do this if you're a wedding photographer...

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
OMG! It must have taken quite a bit of stupidity to give (or even worse sell) these. I hope they got their money back.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
They only got half of their money back because the photographers went broke from angry customers demanding refunds. It says they even had to sell their cameras to try and pay people back. Obviously they didn't have a clue what they were doing.

It was kind of stupid of the couple to hire them to begin with without checking their previous work.

jcottone45

In defense of the "quality impaired" wizards behind the camera's at least they got the bride & groom plus the mystery hand on the toy bike ok, eh on second thought they have no defense, if I knew where to mail it I send them the "Horses Ass Award Pin" for their work. I do have an extra pin if anyone wants it.
They make my flubs look passable, not!!!!
This half assed photographer is standing taller.!!!

Browncoat

One of my wife's co-workers hired a "fauxtographer" instead of me for a wedding gig. She proudly posted some to her Facebook page...my favorite is the extreme close up of the DJ's lights. Followed closely by the wedding party with the top of the tall guy's head cut off.

Eye-level

Banned
Man wouldn't that just p!ss you off...put on a high dollar wedding and you could have had better results if you would have put a couple of disposable cameras in Harry's hands! LOL

My inlaws laid out a ton of cash for a lavish wedding for my brother inlaw a couple of years ago...laid out a ton of cash on christmas gifts for "her" that year when everyone else got about a tenth of what she did...well she cheated on him twice and now they are divorced...I think they cursed themselves by not letting me take the pictures...LOL

westmill

Banned
I do a lot of the Irish travler weddings. You seriously wouldnt want to mess one of theres up lol.
Ive litraly just got home after covering one of there christnings. Ive been doing them for the last six years now.
Ive heard of a woman shooting a wedding a few years ago ( film camera ) she shot the whole wedding with no
film in the camera. To be honnest I realy felt bad for her. Thats just an awful situation be in.

Eye-level

Banned
Shooting weddings in film is a dicey proposition at best if you ask me...even if you do have good gear and generally get good results. I always have at least one film camera at every wedding I attend and the last several I've been to I drug along my P&S too...

I could see myself shooting the whole roll to discover there wasn't a roll in the camera...or putting the roll in and it doesn't get hooked up on the take up spool very well so you shoot all 36 exposures on the first frame of an unused roll!

Or even better yet you shoot the whole roll of film and then pop open the back in bright sunlight without rewinding the film first! LOL

To many things can go awry with film in such deadly serious situations...which brings up a good point - on such important days in one's life you probably need to make damn sure you have someone who knows what they're doing and has done it before and can show you stuff they have done recently that is good stuff...

Last edited:

westmill

Banned
Ive been a Pro photographer virtualy my whole life. It wasnt that long ago before I started using Digital.
My last film cameras were the Cannon EOS3, Bronica ETRS with speed grip and rotary veiwfinder, hand held meter lol
My fave all time film camera though was my Bronica RF645. All 3 lenses and the little deddicated flash, although I used
Metz Hammer head guns for weddings. I also had a Mamyia RZ 67 for the studio.
My first Digi camera was the Olympus E1, which to be honnest Ive a big soft spot for lol.
I covered a lot of weddings with the E1 too. I switched to Nikon when the D300 came out.
Back then, it set new standards and was simply stunning. Its prob one of the reasons I prefer APSC to full frame.