Kids Photography : help

sourab89

Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum. Just now I got a proposal of shooting a 4 year old kid. Time and place can be anything. I have clicked many kids' pics but never did any shooting for money or never got any explicit proposal for shooting someone's kid.

My request to all the professional photographers here is can you help me out in this ? How should I go about in this ? What should be the place and time ? What will be the poses and crops and how should i go about the pricing and etc. Please help me out in this by giving some tips and suggestions. :)

Am excited and want to learn more and more to make this hobby of mine into good source of money and fun.

Thanks
Sourav

pedroj

Hi and welcome...MORE INFORMATION REQUIRED...have you a flash or several, what lens do you have, Boy or Girl,inside or outside,what time of the day....Price depends on your skill..

sourab89

thank you for the reply !
I don't have a flash, My kit is Nikon D7000 with
50mm prime, 18-55mm VR and 55-200mm
Boy
Inside and Outside.

pedroj

Inside shots you may need some props,playing with toys maybe or just pose them how the parents want them, do not put them close up against a wall...Aperture priority at about F4 with the 50mm prime and on board flash...

Outside choose a shady tree with the back ground about 10 meters away or further..Same setting as inside and use you flash but you might want to experiment if there's no rush..Leave a bit of room around your subject and don't cut off parts of the head or feet...If you have a tripod use it...I'm sure other will have some input as well...Cheers