Landscape Photography (Australia & New Zealand)

dusktildawn

I tried landscape photography for the first time while I was in New Zealand with my wife and I was immediately hooked.
I couldn't afford an expensive wide angle lens for my D700 so I bought a used Tamron 17-35mm to get me started.

most of my photography consisted of portraits and my friend's kids at play but I'm hoping to get better at it with more practice. here are a few shots that I took.

please give me some feedback and let me know if i have a future in landscape photography or i should stick to portraits/candid shots. lol

uhwO4.jpg

Z7CsL.jpg

cMjgB.jpg

1pHt4.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
Heck yeah! The artifacts in the first one are great IMO...last three are sort of classic landscape stuff performed competently...very good snaps...

dusktildawn

Heck yeah! The artifacts in the first one are great IMO...last three are sort of classic landscape stuff performed competently...very good snaps...

the first shot was a little disappointing because at the time, the image in my mind was a lot cleaner but i did have the sun directly in front of me and i wasn't quite sure how to deal with it at the time.

thank you guys for the feedback, i have a few more that i'd like to share. I just didn't know if there was a limit on the number of images in one post.

dusktildawn

I probably should have posted this picture first because this was the first picture that I took within hours of landing @ Christchurch. We drove from Christchurch to Dunedin immediately after arriving and stopped at Moeraki Beach to take a breather.

Y5Pas.jpg

dusktildawn

Here's a shot from La Perouse looking across to Bare Island.
I chose this spot as it's quite popular with photogs in Sydney and an easy location to start landscape/seascape photography with plenty of vantage spots to get one started.

Used my D700 & Tamron 17-35mm :D

fwJyX.jpg

amonamarth

Impressive, all of them, personally I like the first one the most, the color contrast between the grass and the sky is great.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

fotojack

Here's a shot from La Perouse looking across to Bare Island.
I chose this spot as it's quite popular with photogs in Sydney and an easy location to start landscape/seascape photography with plenty of vantage spots to get one started.

Used my D700 & Tamron 17-35mm :D

fwJyX.jpg

Nice shot, Ron. the top corners look a little dark, but other than that......nice shot. :)

dusktildawn

Nice shot, Ron. the top corners look a little dark, but other than that......nice shot. :)

you're right. :(

could it be my lens?

I'm starting to notice it on some of the shots I've taken around 20mm.

Here's a shot I took this morning. I got out of bed early and headed towards Northern Beaches, I was going to Dee Why but decided to head further north. Probably should have recon the place first to get the best location but here's what I got.

North Narrabeen by Ron Gabriel Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:

Stangman98

I tried landscape photography for the first time while I was in New Zealand with my wife and I was immediately hooked.
I couldn't afford an expensive wide angle lens for my D700 so I bought a used Tamron 17-35mm to get me started.

most of my photography consisted of portraits and my friend's kids at play but I'm hoping to get better at it with more practice. here are a few shots that I took.

please give me some feedback and let me know if i have a future in landscape photography or i should stick to portraits/candid shots. lol

uhwO4.jpg

Z7CsL.jpg

cMjgB.jpg

1pHt4.jpg

What if any filters are you using? Are you just doing everything post process? On the last photo be very careful not to over saturate the blue in the photo.

dusktildawn

What if any filters are you using? Are you just doing everything post process? On the last photo be very careful not to over saturate the blue in the photo.

I used Cokin ND Grad filter and a Kenko CPL on that last photo and probably over saturated it in LR4.

that was one of the first few landscape shots I've ever done so it was a learning curve for me and it still is :)