Hello from Tennessee

Cryslane

Hello, My name is Crystal! I am from WV, but with the military we have moved all over. I believe home is where your standing these days. LOL I have shot with Nikon for about 12 years. I have a d7000, and a d80. I love my d80 and can do more with it than my d7000. I have sold and bought new more times than I should b/c I get frustrated and decide I need a new one. I am hoping to get one more and then I am done. Unless I can get some better knowledge on how to get what I want with my d7000. I am self-taught so I know I have loads to use. I would love to just follow a fellow Nikon user around for a while so I can learn how to use this camera right.

Eye-level

Banned
My sister, who is a military mom, her husband is deploying to Kabul for a short stretch in the next few weeks, and she got me started on Nikons...I had already been looking at F2s but she had a D5000 that she loved....fast forward to nowadays and she recently bought a closeout Sony DSLR with some trick through the mirror focusing deal and some strange sensor for peanuts at the BX...she says she still misses her 5000... At any rate I respect what you girls go for and god bless you for it...I hope you enjoy our nice little Nikon photography forum... :)

Just read all the threads and pay attention and you should pick it up pretty easily...good luck and let's see some snaps in your gallery!

Last edited:

Mis Adam

I too am a military spouse(of the non moving kind -Reservist but deployed at the time), I just have to let you know this is the best place to be on any given day or that one day you just need to smile you will find it here for sure. We are the friendliest bunch and as informational as possible we love to laugh and tell jokes. the forums on camera models are extremely helpful as I have found the reason I bought my D5100 re-placer / back up the D5000, with out the forum and other users I don't think I would have my new back up. Welcome to the site, I hope you will enjoy it and find it as helpful as I/we do.