exif data lost on gallery upload

BackdoorArts

I've noticed that all of my exif data is being tossed when I load a photo into the Gallery. Am I doing something incorrectly? There's no setting I can find in the upload screens that would allow me to choose, and the data exists in the original image on my computer? I've been to other members' gallery pages and the exif data is intact, so something is going wrong somewhere. I wouldn't worry so much, but this is a photography site and it would be nice to know that 1) others can view it if they so desire (i.e. for weekly contests), and 2) if the camera information is going missing so is my copyright and contact info, most likely, and I'd like to make sure that stays intact.

Anyone else experience this? When linking the photo from the gallery it is lost...

20120414-_dsc7626-3_original.jpg

But the uploaded image from the same source contains the data.

Attachments

• 20120414-_DSC7626-3.jpg
    20120414-_DSC7626-3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 829

th33ch0

I think they are saying the actual post inside here if you link directly to the image.

In this case: "http://nikonites.com/attachments/feedback-suggestions/10408d1335179450-exif-data-lost-gallery-upload-20120414-_dsc7626-3_original.jpg"

referencing the link above will not show exif data however the attached item does show it.