Weekly Challenge: April 22 - April 29: Something Round Going Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Something Round, Going Around
Weekly Challenge: April 22 – April 29 (2012)

Your challenge this week is to photograph a round object (a circle or sphere) in motion. Your photo should clearly convey that at least one round object is in motion. Imagination will rule in this one! Have fun!

ballsinmotion.jpg

(image by Zen Roxy Balls in Motion | Flickr - Photo Sharing! )

These challenges are designed to help you grow in your photography skills and creativity, and also to have fun.
Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on April 29 (midnight EDT)...so get those photos in!

The Rules
1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
3. Challenges will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge, unless otherwise indicated.
5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Carolina Photo Guy

This Post Is NOT For Judging Consideration!!!

Reason... Too Many Images!

First image is

"Something Round..."

Second image is

"Going Round!"

Enjoy

Attachments

• Something Round....jpg
    Something Round....jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 731
  • Going Round!.jpg
    Going Round!.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

miknoypinoy

not "in the wine". . . .but this photo "makes me happy. . .makes me feel fine". . . .lol. . hope this "conveys motion". . .i think its more "implied". . .

http://

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D700
Lens: 70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8
Image Date: 2013-04-21 22:23:42 -0700
Focal Length: 200.0mm (35mm equivalent: 200mm)
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure Time: 0.010 s (1/100)
ISO equiv: 1600
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Flash
Flash Fired: Yes (enforced, return light detected)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: Adobe RGB (1998)
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows

Last edited:

Philnz

"Roundabout"DSC_2017.JPG Model NIKON D5100
Shutter Speed 13 s
F-Number f/16
ISO ISO 100
Exposure Bias Value 0.00 eV
Metering Mode Pattern
Flash Flash did not fire
Focal Length 50 mm
White Balance Auto white balance
Date/Time Original 25/04/2012 8:59:27 a.m.

fotojack

Spinning Top on a Lens
DSC_0411.jpg

Camera Model: NIKON D200
Image Date: 2012-04-24 20:09:15 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 50.0mm (35mm equivalent: 75mm)
Aperture: f/1.8
Exposure Time: 0.033 s (1/30)
ISO equiv: 800
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: shutter priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Copyright: ©2012fotos by Jack
Software: TSR Watermark Image 2.1.3.2 - www.watermark-image.com

Hadakiri

Nikon D90
Exposure: 1/10
Apeture: f/32
Focal Length: 165mm
ISO 200
Date: 4/2612 10:31:12

Attachments

• 7115959941_9667f7f6b5_z.jpg
    7115959941_9667f7f6b5_z.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 334

Photowyzard

Taken with:

Nikon D90
Nikon 105mm 2.8G ED lens
Nikon SB-910 Speedlight
Nikon Remote Timer
Tripod mounted

ISO 200
Shutter: 1/4 flash sync
- bounced from ceiling
- flash diffuser attached

f/14
WB: Cloudy, A2, M2

Meter: AF-C to establish the focus point then set to manual for exposure to avoid having the lens search for a focus point when the shutter was triggered.

Date: April 26, 2012
Time: 14:51:59 pm

Roulette-Wheel-Spinning.jpg

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
Misti you can break any rule you want to break maam it is ok with me....might not be ok with Jack...but it would be alright with me...hahaha :)

I'd say a hula hooping chick is about as American as apple pie...I like the one on the right...you should have snapped of few of her facing the camera!

Mis Adam

Misti you can break any rule you want to break maam it is ok with me....might not be ok with Jack...but it would be alright with me...hahaha :)

I'd say a hula hooping chick is about as American as apple pie...I like the one on the right...you should have snapped of few of her facing the camera!

HA ha some times you just have to break the rules. I had so much fun doing this one I am still trying to figure out what was more animated the hula hoop or the child. some of her facials were hilarious.!;)

ohkphoto

Snow White
Part of the challenge is to make a decision about what you consider your best entry. You're only allowed to post one. Sorry, Misti, but you'll have to delete one.

fotojack

Sam...as much as I tend to agree with you, and as much as I, too, like the pictures, the rules state that ONE picture must be submitted. The rules are for everyone, so if we let one slide, we would have to let everyone slide. Sorry, Misti, Helene's right, you'll have to edit one of them out and select just one. Or...if you wish...select another shot on the same theme. I don't see a problem with that idea, do you? :)

Sambr

I don't look at it as "breaking rules" more as artistic expression" of the subject within the requirement of the contest. However you win It's not worth the fight, I had a long day and am tired.

ohkphoto

Snow White
I don't look at it as "breaking rules" more as artistic expression" of the subject within the requirement of the contest. However you win It's not worth the fight, I had a long day and am tired.

It isn't artistic expression. Misti stated she posted 2 photos and not 1. The rules are not up for debate and the next time someone posts 2 instead of 1, both photos will be deleted. We're not going to start squabbling over rules in the challenges. As you stated, there are no prizes involved, and there are plenty of opportunities to post photos to other threads.

I hope I didn't break any rules by posting the two I just couldn't decide on the shot.

Carolina Photo Guy

It isn't artistic expression. Misti stated she posted 2 photos and not 1. The rules are not up for debate and the next time someone posts 2 instead of 1, both photos will be deleted. We're not going to start squabbling over rules in the challenges. As you stated, there are no prizes involved, and there are plenty of opportunities to post photos to other threads.

I must apologize to Helene and the other members involved in this challenge. I posted 2 images purely to show what the object was before it went 'round.

I feel as if I have helped add fuel to the flames.

There-for, I have removed my post from consideration. I will work harder to follow the rules in the future.

My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.