d5100 picture properties

amitkabraiiit

I have bought d5100 a week ago, just want to know how to see the additional properties of picture. I tried selecting picture and pressed up / down arrow, but it didn't worked, any help that I can get ?

amitkabraiiit

pedroj : This we can do once we have pictures on your personal computer. What I am asking is how can we do that from camera itself, what manual says is , view picture and then press up/down arrow to view additional properties of the picture, but I am not able to do that ... need help on that , how to do ...

pedroj

I'm not sure if this will help...On the back of the D300 to the right of the screen there is a toggle type button that does that...Let me know if that helps...Cheers

eurotrash

Yea, he's talking about IN CAMERA properties. You can do this by going into the menu, going to the "play" button (the top one) and going into the Playback Display options. I usually only select the last one, "overview" which gives me a histogram, fstop info, shutter speed, ISO etc. Also will display color balance if you're interested in that. There are other options here too, but the clutter everything up, making you scroll through them on your way to the next photo. Bugs me.

hope that helps.

nick9

I think if you press the playback button and then press the button down on the directional buttons it will bring up the histogram and the other info.

Mis Adam

Being a new user of the D5100 I suggest getting the book called From snap shots to great shots for the D5100. there is more in depth things than what the manual gives you. it also teaches you ways to change certain settings and getting better photos.

eurotrash

FIRST:

rtfm.jpg

Nikonusa.com also has a downloadable manual for the camera which is WAY LARGER than the one that comes with your camera. I highly suggest not spending needless money on amazon books or whatever and download this ASAP. It has all the info you need to know.

SECOND: the "up" button only works if you enable the option in my previous post. otherwise it doesn't do anything.

fotojack

I'm constantly amazed at the number of people who don't actually read their friggin' manual before asking questions. Seriously, folks, every camera question asked is answered in the manual that came with your camera. It's just a matter of looking through the book and doing a little light reading.

Having said that, if the manual is not clear on what you want to know, then by all means, you can ask in the forums. We just ask that you do a little of the footwork yourselves before asking, OK? :) Thanks, and enjoy the site.

eurotrash

Yeah, I don't know why. It certainly takes longer to register on a forum and post, receive a reply that you think it satisfactory rather than looking info up in the manual. :confused:
I could understand if the question is pretty specific, or isn't listed. But more often than not, it's things like, "how do I change my ISO" or "What does this setting do" or something along those lines..

§am

I reckon we should have a "I read this on page x of the manual and I'm still lost....." and then they can ask the question.

And if the answer is in the manual.. wall of silence :p

Also, for the D5100, get the reference manual... I know I've been harking on about it in recent D5100 posts, but seriously, its way better than the user manual :)

turbodave

Correct.... You have to first set up the Display Options Menu (page 150) first before the directions on page 124 will be available.