Tablet and 5100

Tonij

I recently purchased a Sony tablet. When I attempted to view my videos, I couldn't. Per Sony, I would need to covert my videos to mp4. Is there a setting to change to mp3 format on my 5100?

eurotrash

There is no option to do this. Video is recorded in .MOV format by default and you cannot change this. You need to convert the video to .avi, .mp4, etc. with software on your computer before the tab will read it unfortunately. An extra step that angers me still..

Tobrew

I have an Acer A500 and use MoboPlayer or MX Player to playback the files, 720p24, from my D5100. I will say that it is not the smoothest playback and would probably playback better after it's transcoded in to a more friendly format.

eurotrash

Don't know where my links went in a previous post, but search the goog for software to do this. I personally use iSkysoft iMedia converter on my mac and it works a real treat. Easily understood and never fails to convert to my chosen format with custom settings abound.

taken from web: What affects the quality is the codecs used. Both MP4 and MOV usually contain the MPEG-4 codecs, which includes AAC and H.264. Other codecs include Xvid and DivX but they're rarely found in anything other than AVI containers.

In terms of quality you should find that H.264 is the best for overall file size and visual clarity. You need a more powerful computer than the others however. Any modern Mac within the last 2-3 years can play SD H.264 videos just fine.