Messenger style bags

Rasmus

Hi all

I recently purchased the lowepro fastpack 350, for those occasions when i want to carry all my gear.

For travelling light i've been using my trusty old lowepro passport sling.

Unfortunately i've outgrown the passport. A d3100 with a grip, and the nikkor 55-300 means the bag won't zip.

So i need a replacement bag for those walks in the park and city shooting etc.

The messenger style bags seems like the best fit for this, it's what i prefer anyway.

My demands Are a bit specific though, because most of Them doesn't hold a large dslr(which the d3100 is in my setup)...and at the same time i don't want a bulky bag.

On top of that, i really want it to have somewhere i can stash an ipad2.

So my needs summed up: a slim looking messenger bag, which holds a large dslr with a big lens, 1-2 extra lenses and an ipad2...an added bonus would be a pocket that holds a bottle of water.

Lowepro has the event messenger, but i can't find it for sale anywhere that ships to denmark. I looked at crumpler and tamrac too, but didn't really find anything that suited...but i might have missed it.

So i'm guessing some of the lesser known brands might have it...any suggestions? :)

Rasmus

Sendt fra min MK16i med Tapatalk2

I did some further research, and found the tenba messenger series. As far as i can tell, the sizes only really differ in the laptop compartment size, so i'd be looking at the smallest mini version.

Does anyone have any experience with it? Mainly whether my gripped d3100 with a 55-300 lens will fit decently in it?

Last edited by a moderator:

jengajoh

I have the large Tenba messenger photo bag. It holds everything I need it to. My laptop, my camera with lens attached plus 3 more lenses, my flash and other little accessories. This one is not slim by any means.

I also have and love the lowepro passport sling, For me its perfect for every day.

Berkerk

Just read an article on PopPhoto.com about the Think Tank Retrospective 7, looks like it might be what you're after.

Rasmus

Respective 7 looks like a solid choice indeed...it does look rather bulky though? I hate that i don't have any retailers of these things nearby.

I looked at the tenba messenger mini a lot, does any of you have any experience with that one? I'd prolly have to ditch the grip...but i'm worried it won't have room for my d3100 with the nikkor 55-300 vr regardless

Jenga, you mentioned it's not slim, but that's how tenba talks about it. Could you elaborate?

Rasmus

Time solved my problems :) lowepros event messenger is now in stock here, so i'm giving the 150 a go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD