Tulips

Rick M

Shot this with the Nikon 40mm 2.8 micro. 1/125s, f8, ISO100. Trying to keep all three in focus.

More from this set can be found in my project 52 thread.

DSC_0036_2108.jpg

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
A few years ago I went to a Tamron sponsored Macro workshop taught by the late Don Gale. He was kind enough to give me a critique on my images that I've kept which might be useful to you too:

The only criticism would be the very shallow focus on some of the images....they were shot almost wide open.....and, with a macro lens, that's asking for trouble. Notice how, on the shots we did with the flash, almost everything is sharp....probably at f/11 or 16.

Rick M

A few years ago I went to a Tamron sponsored Macro workshop taught by the late Don Gale. He was kind enough to give me a critique on my images that I've kept which might be useful to you too:

The only criticism would be the very shallow focus on some of the images....they were shot almost wide open.....and, with a macro lens, that's asking for trouble. Notice how, on the shots we did with the flash, almost everything is sharp....probably at f/11 or 16.

Thanks Eduard! I do find that I discard most of the shots I take wide open, never seem to get what I want from them.