Mental layout !!!!!! eeeeek

westmill

Banned
Can we have a Nikon photography Setting right at the top of the list ?
I think having all these seperate camera listings are just bonkers.
Just because everyone has different nikon models does not meen thats all they are interested in.
Its hardly a busy forum. There is no chat on here !!!!!!
I dont think they are nesercary and are excluding a lot of people.
If anything at all... Two would cover all.... Consumer and Pro.
Even thats debatable. There is no logic at all to it.
I seriously think people are possably feeling alienated.

stamatisg2002

It IS a busy forum. Just because it doesn't meet your standards, it is satisfactory for everyone else. Here us the amateur photographers can ask advice and directions from more experienced members some of which do photography as a profession. We even have fun among ourselves. Just don't judge a forum from its member number or forum traffic. The point of this forum is to learn from each other and have some fun.

westmill

Banned
It IS a busy forum. Just because it doesn't meet your standards, it is satisfactory for everyone else. Here us the amateur photographers can ask advice and directions from more experienced members some of which do photography as a profession. We even have fun among ourselves. Just don't judge a forum from its member number or forum traffic. The point of this forum is to learn from each other and have some fun.
Thats kind of my point though. I think you have missread my post.
I am also not judging ! In fact Im saying the opposite to what you are implying.
I would like to see more intergration and not seperated by going which camera you own etc.
Im the same as you.... im simply suggesting there should be a set thread for Nikon Photography.

ohkphoto

Snow White
im simply suggesting there should be a set thread for Nikon Photography.

The whole forum is NIKON . . . doesn't make sense to have one thread referring to "Nikon Photography". Because Nikon has many models, it makes it easier for owners who have specific questions about their camera model to go to that related thread.

stamatisg2002

Each thread in this forum targets some different aspect of nikon cameras. It is necessary to have a different thread for every model for the simplest reason that very owner has different needs and things to see. If everyone was on the same one thread then... well you can imagine.

As for the traffic just try the photo critique and 365 project, or even the weekly challenges. Everyone tries to his/her best. Every other thread address to specific needs. If you suggest a new thread just ask kindly an admin. I'm sure he will put it to a thought...

The whole forum is NIKON . . . doesn't make sense to have one thread referring to "Nikon Photography". Because Nikon has many models, it makes it easier for owners who have specific questions about their camera model to go to that related thread.

Damn, Helene, you are super fast! (As always!)

Last edited by a moderator:

westmill

Banned
I wasnt aware I suggested a single thread ! I also think Im well aware this is a Nikon thread lol.
Maybe I could have explained a little better but never mind.
This was just a suggestion and my opinion lol

I think after you hang around a while you will see the format here is pretty good. Each camera model is so different that you really need to separate them. When I first got my D3100 I went to that section and read all the posts there. Some of the stickys I still refer back to every once in a while just to see what I can pick up to help my photography technical skills.

bluenoser

Banned
Can we have a Nikon photography Setting right at the top of the list ?
I think having all these seperate camera listings are just bonkers.
Just because everyone has different nikon models does not meen thats all they are interested in.
Its hardly a busy forum. There is no chat on here !!!!!!
I dont think they are nesercary and are excluding a lot of people.
If anything at all... Two would cover all.... Consumer and Pro.
Even thats debatable. There is no logic at all to it.
I seriously think people are possably feeling alienated.

I think the biggest problem on the forum today (perhaps the entire internet) is the lack of spacing, proper paragraphs and chopped up mini-sentences in your posts. :)

Just a thought.:devilish:

westmill

Banned
I think the biggest problem on the forum today (perhaps the entire internet) is the lack of spacing, proper paragraphs and chopped up mini-sentences in your posts. :)

Just a thought.:devilish:
I think its not as big a problem as moderators of forums leaving childish insulting rubbish to forum members :)

Just a thought :devilish:

westmill

Banned
You are probably right. I wasnt suggesting to remove anything though.
My point was more along the lines of a thread, where we can post anything, on a disscusion about anything
to do with photography. I understand what you are saying too, and I dont dispute the fact.
A lot of problems or questions are more often than not, concerened with any camera though.
Im simply suggesting there should be one for all camera models too, and a simple genral one for
disscussions about photography in genral.
After all.... its about photography at the end of the day, not just the equipment we use.
Sorry this is in reply to tracsoft.
I posted this on here, just because it is headed as being sugestions and feedback lol
If everyone is happy and its just me and my opinion, thats fine with me too.
If i didnt think the site was OK, I would never have joined in the first place.

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
You are probably right. I wasnt suggesting to remove anything though.
My point was more along the lines of a thread, where we can post anything, on a disscusion about anything
to do with photography. I understand what you are saying too, and I dont dispute the fact.
A lot of problems or questions are more often than not, concerened with any camera though.
Im simply suggesting there should be one for all camera models too, and a simple genral one for
disscussions about photography in genral.
After all.... its about photography at the end of the day, not just the equipment we use.
Sorry this is in reply to tracsoft.
I posted this on here, just because it is headed as being sugestions and feedback lol
If everyone is happy and its just me and my opinion, thats fine with me too.
If i didnt think the site was OK, I would never have joined in the first place.

This website does offer and allows participants to post just about anything in the "off topic" forum.

I think what you are experiencing is that you are looking for a particular feature that other websites or photography forum offers and you are not use to this lay-out. It is perfectly natural to ask on something that you are comfortable in using.

westmill

Banned
This website does offer and allows participants to post just about anything in the "off topic" forum.

I think what you are experiencing is that you are looking for a particular feature that other websites or photography forum offers and you are not use to this lay-out. It is perfectly natural to ask on something that you are comfortable in using.
Thank you !
You could be right lol
Most forums that thread off topic, usualy meens just that though.
Its likely be some guy posting about his pet shark lol
but thank you, I shall have a look in there and see what its about.

bluenoser

Banned
I think it's not as big a problem as moderators of forums leaving childish insulting rubbish to forum members :)

Lighten up Francis. I'm the official childish purveyor of rubbish to new members guy (and even some old members).

I wasn't trying to be mean spirited - just playfully sarcastic. I'm lovable that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I think the best forum to post seemingly anything photography related is the Learning Photography forum. It previously was named the "General Photography" forum and was changed.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Westmill, I think it's just a matter of getting used to the layout. Give it a little time and you'll soon find favorite threads to follow and people to hang out with. We do have fun, really are helpful, and are even nice :)

westmill

Banned
Can we have genral photography back then please lol :)
It would be nice, just to say, heyyyyy My new lens arrived today. I took it to my local park for a test drive.
Great lens ! These are a few pics I took with it.
Just freindly banter etc.

MrRamonG

Why stop at camera models? There should be lens threads too! Oh, and flash threads...... lens filter threads... does Nikon make lens filters? Oh, and camera bag threads...

coastcam

As the newest member of the forum (for the moment), let me just mention that I registered for Nikonites after checking out another Nikon-only forum online. Over there, the admins apparently are operating on the assumption that nothing useful has been learned about information design since the Web launched in 1995, and there's no problem whatsoever in delivering pages with lots of orange type and white type reversed out of black backgrounds. You want to talk about "Eeeeeeeek"? Kind of raises the question, "If this is their level of sensitivity to elements of visual design, how much trust should I put in anything they say about photography?" Nikonites is a shining model of clarity, by comparison. Glad to be here.