lenses for D5100...other than Nikor

tadd5181

I would be interested in hearing from others who do use a non-Nikon/Nikor zoom lens as how it performs. Please give brand name and specs (e.g., 50-200, etc.)

Tobrew

I have the Sigma 10-20 EX/DC F4-5.6 HSM and love it. It's a super fun lens that performs very well on the D5100. The autofocus is fast, quiet, and accurate. It can be a little soft in the edges and exhibits some vignetting at the very wide end but that's pretty normal.

Of course, I would love to own the Nikon 10-24 but it is considerably more expensive. Overall, I'm happy with the Sigma lens.[h=1][/h]

littleoldman

I have the Tamron AF 28-75 F/2.8 and i Love it. It's fast and give excellent quality pictures.

Here's a quick shot i took hanging out of my upstairs window. Just to show how nice this lens works. (Unprocessed)

DSC_2192.JPG

catfish

Does anyone here have the tamron 70-300mm lens? I have been eyeballing it pretty hard on the Amazon. If so can I see a test shot @ 300?

-thanks

RookieDSLR

I just recently bought the Tamron af70-300mm and ABSOLUTELY love it, I am not very experienced at this yet and it makes me look like I know what I am doing. The zoom is soooooo smooth and then you can't beat the image stabilization on it. It is definatley worth every penny, soooo yeah just get it you won't be disapointed. Here is a sample pic I took with the Tamron lense.
(The pic of the girl was from clear across our huge back yard maybe 50yrds, and the second of the tractor was pretty close range and about 1:00pm) Hope this helps pursuade you. LOL

Victoria Playing.jpgTractor & Haybail.jpg