Nikon AF 35-70mm F3.3-4.5

Lee

:confused: Any opinions on this little lens?
I have been offered to buy it from someone for small change but I am also not wanting to buy a lens just for the sake of it. I only have 2 lenses: the 18-105 and a 50 mm F1.8 AF-D.

I'm just wondering what this lens could offer me that the other two can't, if anything. I have a D90 :)

Thanks guys. And HAPPY EASTER! x

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't see the lens to be an advantage if you are not planning to get upgraded to FX one of these days. I think your 18-105 is probably at par with the 35-70 but the 35-70 would work on a full frame digital camere if you ever get one. So, I guess it's up to you and your wallet to decide. If it was me, I'd rather get the 35 1.8 G which would give you better low light possibilities.

MrRamonG

Isn't that one of Nikon's first generation DSLR zoom lenses? From what I remember hearing, it is a terribly slow lens.

I'm sure you've noticed the limitations of the 50 as far as taking shots inside where you have limited space to move around. Having a wider angle lens is certainly nice, but unless you're getting that lens for <40 bucks I'd pass.

Sambr

Hey Lee -this lens becomes a 52-105 on the D90 you already have a 18-105(much better lens) and a "50" if it was me I would pass on it. This was not one of Nikon's best in fact it was/is soft on both DX & FX. I had two of them in the past.

Just-Clayton

I got this lens for 40 bucks last year. I use my primes more then that lens. heres a shot I just did. It does ok especially if you want pictures that vary from 35-70 and not just a prime. Borrow the lens for a day and then decide.

Attachments

• _DSC4808 (765x800) (2).jpg
    _DSC4808 (765x800) (2).jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 2,046

Lee

Ah thank you so much for your replies. I knew that in terms of range I had it covered but didn't want to miss out on anything extra, even if only to play with. I will let the guy know he can offer it to someone else. I'm not going to duplicate a tool for a purpose that's already been served.

And thank you for posting that photo Newbshooter :)

fotojack

Ah thank you so much for your replies. I knew that in terms of range I had it covered but didn't want to miss out on anything extra, even if only to play with. I will let the guy know he can offer it to someone else. I'm not going to duplicate a tool for a purpose that's already been served.

And thank you for posting that photo Newbshooter :)

You're not only good looking...you're smart, too! Great combination. :) Hey....welcome to Nikonites. :)....again. :)

Lee

Lol, Fotojack! I'm clearly not that smart - I had to ask because I had no idea at all! But now I know. So you are all the smart ones :)