Spammers

ZekeMenuar

Re: What Happen???

Did this forum turn into a "For Sale" site -WTF?????

I wondered that myself...

38197-spam.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
Re: What Happen???

I think they are getting it straightened out...we need some action in the classifieds...just maybe a little different than that...

If you put up one or two ads for your Ebay store and bump them from week to week personally I am OK with that like I said I like to know if there is a good deal on some equipment I'm all about action in the classifieds...but there is no need to post a dozen different ads really.

pedroj

New member Ebay Poster

Who is Ebay Poster is he part of the Nikonites or what..I see he has just joined today and added a lot of stuff for sale on Ebay...These are the only post made by him...

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi, yesterday I found out that our forum had been taken hostage by this eBay Poster robot or spammer. Since when I open Nikonites I get all new posts, I was not too happy about having to open all of these just to get rid of them.

I found that under the forum actions tab button, I could go in my settings and in there is an "Edit ignore list".

So by adding this eBay Poster to my ignore list, all of his posts magically disappeared from my "unread posts".

It might save some of you time.

PhotoAV8R

I come here via a "New Posts" bookmark. I just skip over the thread titles that don't interest me; or hover over it to see the first few words. When I'm done, I hit the "Mark Forums Read" link.

However, if an Administrator were to delete these posts, I wouldn't object. :applause:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Sorry guys - I was trying something with an RSS feed from ebay. The intention was to bring attention to some good deals on used cameras without disrupting normal discussion. As it turns out, the feature that turns off the forum to the search engine (and what's new link) wasn't working correctly.

I removed the forum and posts. Lesson learned!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorry guys - I was trying something with an RSS feed from ebay. The intention was to bring attention to some good deals on used cameras without disrupting normal discussion. As it turns out, the feature that turns off the forum to the search engine (and what's new link) wasn't working correctly.

I removed the forum and posts. Lesson learned!

Thank you so so much!