D200 outdoor sports shooting

Jocko Jack

I have recently bought a second hand D200 to upgrade my D50 I have a VRII 18-200 lens but the custom settings are confusing me. I am thinking about using the D50 again as i seem to have got better outdoor sports shots with the Auto(sports) mode can any one help. ps motion blur/focus issues seem to be the main problem.

thanks in advance of any advice.

fotojack

Hey Jocko, nice addition with the D200. :) I have the same camera, and I can help you with the custom settings for all 4 banks. All I need is for you to send me your email address and I'll send you a pdf file that will give you a step up with that.

Also, if you would finish your profile, it helps us help you with any questions you might have. Things like where you live, gear you use, etc. Thanks. :) Welcome to Nikonites.

ps motion blur/focus issues seem to be the main problem.

thanks in advance of any advice.
Hi Jocko,

I don't have a D200 as you and Jack do. Thereso, set up file from Jack is very helpful to start up with.
As most of Nikon camera bodies, the motion blur/focus issues happen when you choose AF-C instead of AF-S AND choosing AE/AF locking functions.
Try to think about how you need or want in your taking picture processes to set them up accordingly.

My is AF-S and locking AE/AF them both.

Jocko Jack

Hey Jocko, nice addition with the D200. :) I have the same camera, and I can help you with the custom settings for all 4 banks. All I need is for you to send me your email address and I'll send you a pdf file that will give you a step up with that.

Also, if you would finish your profile, it helps us help you with any questions you might have. Things like where you live, gear you use, etc. Thanks. :) Welcome to Nikonites.

Thanks fotojack i found the pdf you spoke about and have put the settings in, there is a game later today maybe i can post one of the images for tips.( if thats allowed)
Thanks

fotojack

Thanks fotojack i found the pdf you spoke about and have put the settings in, there is a game later today maybe i can post one of the images for tips.( if thats allowed)
Thanks

Yes, that's allowed. Just keep it to 2 or 3 photos. The rest you can put in your album.
Remember.....when shooting anything that moves, shoot in Shutter priority. F stop should be the same or greater than the focal length of your lens, and shutter speed at least 1/500 - 1/1000th of a second. Happy shooting. :)

Jocko Jack

Aberdour V Leven League April 2012 9.jpg The settings worked fine much better results, I just need to improve as a photographer now...ha ha thanks for the help

Last edited: