Vivitar lenses.

Just-Clayton

A customer of mine gave me some old vivitar and Minolta equipment. I found an adapter for the vivatar lenses to my 3100. I thought I would give it a try. I will keep you posted.

Just-Clayton

To my surprise when I was going through the lenses I came across an adapter that workrded on my cameras. It doesnt have a locking mechanism on it and is loose. I was able to get it to work to see if it was worth investing a new adapter. This shot was done on a tirpod using the vivitar 85-205mm and 2x converter.

Attachments

• _DSC4510 (800x532).jpg
    _DSC4510 (800x532).jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 516

Just-Clayton

Just ordered the adapter rings. I had to order 2 because one has an infinite lens. The 28mm and the 50mm lenses wouldn't focus in with the adapter I had. I figure if I ever sell the 3100 it will have a lot of lenses to go with it. The zoom is heavy. But, focus is better then the Tamron 70-300 and has very little chromatic abberation.

Will V|Photography

Nice. Being an old lens gives the image that sort of feel as if it was taken with a film camera in the 80s/90s. Well, that's my take on it anyway. Gives me motivation to keep an eye out for some older lenses at the local flea market.