On the Prowl

akretzman

This was shot at 1/125 s, f/11, ISO 400. Taken at the Zollman Zoo near Rochester, MN. I thought the cougar's face was real intense and I wanted to capture that with the movement in the background showing his restlessness.

-Abe

Last edited:

pedroj

Hi Abe...I don't know if you've done any PP on the image...To me the image looks a little flat, I think that might have a lot to do with F11 and it can be improved...I had a little play in CS5 with levels and burn tool and was able to isolate it from the back ground a little...If you would like to see my result let me know

Eye-level

Banned
Another caged animal that is pissed off about it...I'm with Pedroj F11 is pretty tight...open it up a little and maybe boost the ISO a stop if you want to keep a smaller aperture...

It is a pretty good photo like it is though...

akretzman

Hi Abe...I don't know if you've done any PP on the image...To me the image looks a little flat, I think that might have a lot to do with F11 and it can be improved...I had a little play in CS5 with levels and burn tool and was able to isolate it from the back ground a little...If you would like to see my result let me know

No, I do not want to see your result from my work...if this is what this forum is about, see ya later...I jump in for critique and I get, "took your image and played with it. wanna see?" **** that...excuse my language...I can take the critiquing but I never asked you to do anything but.

Last edited:

miknoypinoy

MODS PLEASE EDIT ABOVE POST!

this is a good community bro. . no one is out to offend intentionally. think before you type. . .a simple no would have sufficed. and yes I like your image. didn't seem too flat to me.

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
It's OK akretzman there are many folks on this forum who think like you concerning the manipulation of their photos by others...

My photos I could care less...manipulate away!

miknoypinoy

thanks akretzman . . . I respect your views on editing others images. i feel the same, but i am open to sugestions and "variations on a theme" lol. . . People just want to help/share/show off with Their talents with others here. . . in the end you are the artist. . . thanks for sharing and if you feel fit, you could un-retract your photo for others to see. it's up to you. thanks again.

pedroj

No, I do not want to see your result from my work...if this is what this forum is about, see ya later...I jump in for critique and I get, "took your image and played with it. wanna see?" **** that...excuse my language...I can take the critiquing but I never asked you to do anything but.

I asked did you want to see it you said no I don't have a problem with that...Wow I do find your bombastic attitude offensive.