Jessops flash

viscountdriver

Have just bought Jessops 360AFD for my 3100. It works very well and turns in all directions. I only paid £29.00 on Ebay and for those, like me, who do not have loads of cash to spare it is a good buy. It seems a little flimsy and needs careful handling but it is TTL and ticks all the boxes.

fotojack

Have just bought Jessops 360AFD for my 3100. It works very well and turns in all directions. I only paid £29.00 on Ebay and for those, like me, who do not have loads of cash to spare it is a good buy. It seems a little flimsy and needs careful handling but it is TTL and ticks all the boxes.

Sounds good. Do you have a link as to where one might see this flash? It would be helpful to other Nikonites if the link was included in your post. :) Thanks for sharing.

viscountdriver

Hi,
I don't think you have a Jessops in the States but go to Ebay and type in jessops 360 AFD but it must be for the Nikon as thet do a Canon one as well.regards

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Maybe Jessops and Yuonguo are the same thing with different names on them. I would not be surprised.

viscountdriver

No,they are not.Jessops is a UK based company with photographic shops all over and they make quite a bit of gear. Yuinguo is not a TTL. jessops is.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
No,they are not.Jessops is a UK based company with photographic shops all over and they make quite a bit of gear. Yuinguo is not a TTL. jessops is.

Do they really manufacture the flashes or do they just buy bulk and have their name on it?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
There you have me. I suspect they are made in China where most of our goods seem to come from.

Well, I wasn't out to get you and I hope you won't hold it against me. But it seems most of these lower priced goods are either disguised copies of originals made in China. They can have different names but are way less expensive than the real brand. I've bought a few things that came straight out of China (D7000 battery grip), and so far have been satisfied with it. But if a warranty problem would arise, then I think I wouldn't go to all the trouble of sending it back for replacement.

But if a local distributor is in charge of selling them, maybe you'll get better after sale service and save money.

And, unless you are a professional and you can't miss, the chinese flashes are probably a great value.

viscountdriver

I was lucky. I went on Ebay and this person was advertising it as buy now price. It was brand new so I jumped in. Glad I did, it's a good flash and worth £60.00