Photoshop cs5

coach

I recieved photoshop cs5 for my birthday. I have no idea on how to use this. Looking for suggestions on books or websites that teach you how to use this. I have never used any editing software except what comes with windows 7. I am lost.
Thanks Tim

Mike150

Youtube is a good place for examples.
I also use the website www.lynda.com Cost is $25/Month, but there are some very good video tutorials.

As for books, I've got "Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers" by Martin Evening and "The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby

Dr Daniels

Mike150 said it all.

If I had to start from scratch, I would first do the beginner and intermediate courses on Photoshop CS5 by David McClelland available on the Lynda.com awesome website. It is great and you will get comfortable with Photoshop quite rapidly.
Then I would purchase Scott Kelby's books to further refine retouching techniques, which will make you a Photoshop expert.

Youtube is a great idea, but you need to cover the fundamentals first to understand how this software works. Otherwise you risk your learning curve to take an awkward and frustrating shape.

Last edited:

Mike150

Also check your local community college and see if they offer courses. I am lucky my daughter has a degree in commercial art and she teaches be all the time.

Must be nice to have smart kids. My daughter calls me to fix a computer problem. I drive 60 miles and reboot their modem.