Customer service

RoyM

I am not happy. I just got my D60 back from the repair shop, second time for same shutter problem. Took it in November 20. FOUR MONTHS!!!
The store received it a week before the warranty expired but did not send it in right away with the proper paper work, the warranty depot refused it and sent it to Toronto. Paper work sorted out, it came back to the local shop where it sat. All I got were promises to check into it and call me, the calls never came. I finally got a manager that hounded them and got results.
However, I have lost confidence in the camera and the vendor. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Eye-level

Banned
This must be incredibly frustrating. Perhaps maybe now would be a good time to get a new one. My uncle experienced a similar type of deal with his D90 that was very well used probably used up...acted up he sent it in...they sent it back...it acted up again...he bought a new D300s.

The only alternative is to find a better repairman...

fotojack

I would definitely get hold of Nikon and relate your story to them. That's totally unacceptable, to wait 4 months for a repair! Perhaps Nikon can get that shoddy repair shop de-certified. No sense being frustrated with the camera if it got fixed. This is totally all on the vendor/repair shop, seems to me.

Eye-level

Banned
Sounds like they needed to replace the shutter box but didn't...I'd be mad...check your actuation count before and after you sent it in...

RoyM

I didn't know about the actuation count until I talked to the department assistant manager. I need to look at that, he is now telling me it may have been a demo. Not much I can do after two years but Nikon and the vendor's head office are going to hear about it.
It is frustrating. This is the nicest camera I have ever used, easy to operate and picture quality is outstanding. I have a congenital tremor, the auto focus is the best thing since sliced bread. I would like to purchase a macro lens but am uneasy about laying out more money, if the camera fails again that is dollars down the drain.