Sensor cleaning function

Visual

I have my D7000 set to clean the sensor when the camera is turned on and when it's turned off. Unlike my D60, the D7000 does not indicate on the LCD display that the sensor is being cleaned when I turn the camera on and off. It does indicate that the sensor is being cleaning when I select "Clean Now" in the setup menu. Is it normal the camera does not indicate that cleaning is taking place when the camera is turned on and off, but does indicate that cleaning is taking place when I select "Clean Now"?

Thanks

eurotrash

Totally normal. The reason is that the function for "cleaning" and "mirror lockup" are different. "mirror lockup" indicates that when your picture taker is turned off, the sensor will be exposed allowing you to clean it if you need to. ( I wouldn't, but that's just me. I'd send it in as I'm not qualified to poke around in there.)
"Cleaning" just means it sends high-frequency vibrations through the sensor, hopefully shaking off any dust particles that may be on it.
At least, this is my understanding of it.

eurotrash

MHO is that it's best to just keep it set to do it when the camera turns off. But that's me.
I don't have proof or any factual evidence to back up the opinion that it's the "best" way, it just feels like that's what should be done to me so I keep it set to that.