Copyrights??

Just-Clayton

The Picture that was enlarged to 4ft x 6ft is under question. A lawyer friend of this customer said I could not accept money for poifit for it, due to copyright. I asked all the businesses on the street who sell similar items and nothing has ever been said to them about selling their products and they have been selling for years.
Im not sure where I went wrong or if he thinks I coppied it. I have asked a couple lawyers and a judge and they say that I have nothing to worry about. They said if they are going to come after me they would have to come after all the people that sell the items.

Last edited:

Rick M

You took the image, it's your material, you have the implied copyright. Sounds like they think you copied it, nothing to worry about.

Just-Clayton

Everything is good!! I found out today that the customer misunderstood what the lawyer said. What he meant was I could not associate the company name with my picture to make a profit. They dont want to be liable for any law suits. So, they are sending me a waiver to state that they arent responsible for any actions on my part. Now lets see if I get paid.

Photowyzard

The Picture that was enlarged to 4ft x 6ft is under question. A lawyer friend of this customer said I could not accept money for poifit for it, due to copyright. I asked all the businesses on the street who sell similar items and nothing has ever been said to them about selling their products and they have been selling for years.
Im not sure where I went wrong or if he thinks I coppied it. I have asked a couple lawyers and a judge and they say that I have nothing to worry about. They said if they are going to come after me they would have to come after all the people that sell the items.

What picture?

What am I missing?

Just-Clayton

sorry! heres the pic.

Attachments

• 10 (2) (800x619).jpg
    10 (2) (800x619).jpg
    182 KB · Views: 128

westmill

Banned
The only infringement of copyright I can see here is possably the Logo on the chimney ! I would have removed that.
If indeed it is a logo.... but better safe than sorry ;)

Just-Clayton

I already got the approval to use it. They just didnt want me to use the the name of the company that owns it to make a profit. I dont need their help to make money. They dont even use that logo in there work anyway. The lawyer stated that everyone makes different items with the tower and logo on it. The company just looks the other way. They have been using the logo in this town for a long time. I have a feeling he thinks I copied the picture from somewhere else. He stated in my approval letter that there are similar prints out there and they dont want to be held responsible.