over exposure warning

BooBoos

Is there a over exposure warning on the D-300. I do not understand the histogram and ran across some info about the over exposure warning. I cant seem to find it in the manual of the D-300. As always help is greatly appreciated.

I am thinking its something other then the analog display but I may be mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
You can probably find a pdf version of the manual on line somewhere. Just download it and you'll find most answers to your questions in there.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
You can see an exposure indicator two places: on the top display when you push the shutter you'll see a plus/minus indicator in the middle and you'll also see one at the bottom when you look through the viewfinder.

I am thinking its something other then the analog display but I may be mistaken.
Yes, it is.

For over exposure warning in D300 and most of the other Nikon DSLR cameras, go to "Play back Menu" and "Display Mode". You want to check the "Highlights" option. This option will make your displayed image gets blinking on the highlight areas as it gets clipped. This function is very helpful for you to know right away that your pictures get clipped when taking pictures. And, it is called "over exposure warning".

Tu.

3Ring

On the Nikon website you can download your manual in .pdf format. I keep my manual in my bag and have .pdf versions on my iPhone and iPad so that I can always refer to it. Additionally, on the Nikon website you can find a link to the microsite for the D300 (as with all other Nikon DSLRs) which can run you through the features in short videos. Finally, take a few minutes to learn the histogram feature. it's worth the short time to understand and is invaluable.

Saludos,
-Martin