Ideas on settings for an upcomming event

jjprit

Im new to photography. My exwife was a photographyer for 30 years. I just got into it and i did all her digital editing. Im a photoshop/lightroom semi expert. I bought a d3000 becuase i heart it was a really good camera to start off with. Im starting to understand how my iso settings work and what iso i should use in different kind of light conditions. Im also understand my manual settings/A priotiry and Shutter Priority. I never shoot in automatic any more unless im using it for a Base start off to see what settings its using then i can tweak it from there in manual. Im also learning how my Fstop and shutter speed work together.

Im going to wrestlemania this sunday in Miami Florida. I will be sitting in the medium range. Its the vip/lounge area. I have a D3000 with a Tamron AF70-300mm f/4-5.6 lense. What setting do you think i should use taking picctures of the wrestlers running and moving around...

So far i was thinking ok i can use an iso of 800. i would use 1600 but alot of noise starts to show in that kind of high iso. I was also thinking of using A-priority settings and jsut having a wide open fstop because of the lighting.

Or should i take one auto pic, preview it and look at the settings it has and then hit manual and go from there?

any suggestions?

ALSO should i shoot in JPEG, RAW or Raw+JPEG. I always liked raw because i use to do alot of editing and cropping, but idk if i need to edit prob 4000 pics im going to take at this kind of event. Is continuous shooting a good idea for this kinda of event and lighting.

Last edited: