Screen Protector

bluenoser

Banned
Hi Steve.

I use GGS screen protectors on both my D7000 and D700. I can't recommend them highly enough! I consider them to be essential pieces of gear.

GGS makes a version II (stick on) and a version III (clip on). I use the stick on variety on my D7000 and the clip on for my D700 - both are excellent - just a matter of preference I suppose. Any dissatisfaction would no doubt be due to user error when applying the product - it's very important that you follow the directions and ensure a very clean surface so dust doesn't get trapped under the GGS when applying the product (stick on variety)

The clip on version I have for the D700 is a bit different that the one for the D3100 in that it doesn't also fit around the eye piece just clips on top of the existing LCD.

Here is a link to the GGS III for the D3100: GGS 3 Generation DSLR LCD Screen Protector for Nikon D3100 - Tmart.com

Anyway, GGS makes great products and I highly recommend them!

SteveH

Thanks James!
I'm just in process of buying the essentials for my new camera such as screen protector, decent bag and one of those strings to stop the lens cap getting lost... Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to glue some tat to my new toy! :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for the advice!

Steve

SteveH

Lol what's wrong with one of the string things? I've already dropped my lens cap into some dusty dirt once in the last week! Is there an unwritten fashion code I need to read? :D

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk

bluenoser

Banned
Lol what's wrong with one of the string things?

The cool kids don't like them. (like wearing a pocket protector).

pocket-protector.jpg

I've already dropped my lens cap into some dusty dirt once in the last week!

Butter fingers or a hole in your pocket?

Is there an unwritten fashion code I need to read? :D

Now how can you read an "unwritten" code? lol! ;)

Rick M

Lol, I'm very secure in my manhood so I use lens cap keepers on all my lenses! Hot chicks often ask me where I got them :)

I'm sure it's just a come on to try and get my phone # :)

Last edited:

stamatisg2002

DUDE! A real man (of genius) DO NOT use lens cap keepers. He put it in his camera bag.
A redneck on the other hand just shove it in his pocket... LOL :p

Rick M

DUDE! A real man (of genius) DO NOT use lens cap keepers. He put it in his camera bag.
A redneck on the other hand just shove it in his pocket... LOL :p

Sounds like you're one of those nerds that carries around a Camera Bag? :)

Real men have either a backpack or holster, with lens keepers on to entice the ladies :)

Last edited:

§am

Stick a decent filter on the end of your lens, and then don't bother putting the cap back on until the end of the day :)

As for the glass LCD protector - I never discovered them until after I'd bought the 'traditional plastic' ones you can get.
I have to admit, the glass version is a lot more crisper to view, but as I try not to use my LCD that much the 'plastic' seems to be OK.

TedG954

I use that same LCD protector on two different cameras and they a far better than the flimsy film types. I'd recommend getting one.