Misty Swan B&W

len

Taken on a foggy morning at a local pond

Camera Model: NIKON D90
Lens: 55.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6
Image Date: 2012-03-24
Focal Length: 72mm (35mm equivalent: 108mm)
Focus Distance: 8.91m
Aperture: f/11.0
Exposure Time: 0.250 s (1/4)
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: +1.00 EV
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

Attachments

• Misty Swan B-W.jpg
    Misty Swan B-W.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited by a moderator:

bluenoser

Banned
Hi again Len. Glad to see you're jumping right in with both feet! :)

First please let me acquaint you with the posting rules for our "Photo Critique" forum which can be found in the sticky thread on the main page of this forum. I've taken the liberty of reproducing them here for you:

CRITIQUE FORUM RULES

1. Only one critique request per day. We don't want the forum to be flooded with requests or monopolized by a single member.

2. Upload one image in your post. If you have a set, just provide a text link to the other images, either located in your member gallery here on Nikonites.com or off-site. This will prevent those with slower connections from getting bogged down.

3. Only post if you are willing to accept feedback from others. The intent of this forum is for personal growth.

4. Include as much info as possible along with your image, including:

• EXIF data
  • Intent/artistic interpretation of the photograph
5. To those providing critique: Be honest, but be kind. It's okay to say what you don't like or what you would've done differently, but also include a reason(s) why.

No worries - many people miss these rules the first time posting in this forum. I have taken the trouble to edit your original post to include the EXIF information.

As to what I think of your image. I would say overall it is quite excellent. I really like your b&w treatment - nice contrast and tonality, works well with this shot. The swan's reflection is beautiful - nicely captured.

I'm not sure if perhaps the main subject is a bit too centred (I think it is) and I'm still trying to decide if the foliage on the right does much for this image. I think it adds some extra value to this shot but for some reason I'm not loving it.

Thank you for sharing this lovely picture Len.

len

Hi James; Thanks for looking and your comments duly noted: It was very difficult morning I was expecting mist but got fog but decided to continue; With the shot being quite bland I thought of having the foliage in shot and having done so the swan was then more central.