Weekly Challenge: March 25 - April 1: Euphemism

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Euphemism
Weekly Challenge: March 25 – April 1 (2012)

Euphemism is defined as “the substitution of inoffensive or agreeable expression for one that may offend or suggest something unpleasant.” In case you can’t think of any, here’s a link
Euphemism List There may be others that are not on this list.
trash1.jpg
Landfill (. . . is a euphemism for 'trash')

Here is the judging criteria
Creativity (defined as “cleverness” for this one) (60%) Technique (40%) is the approach used to create the image. Printing, lighting, posing, capture, presentation media, and more are part of the technique applied to an image.

Nothing offensive. PM me if you have doubts about your entry before you post. Otherwise, I’m trusting your “good taste.”

These challenges are designed to help you grow in your photography skills and creativity, and also to have fun. Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on April 1 (midnight EDT)...so get those photos in!

The Rules

1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
3. Challenges will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge, unless otherwise indicated.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures! Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carolina Photo Guy

Euphemism
Weekly Challenge: March 25 – April 1 (2012)

Euphemism is defined as “the substitution of inoffensive or agreeable expression for one that may offend or suggest something unpleasant.” In case you can’t think of any, here’s a link
Euphemism List There may be others that are not on this list.

Nothing offensive. PM me if you have doubts about your entry before you post. Otherwise, I’m trusting your “good taste.”

You're trusting ME with "good taste"??

Have you learned NOTHING over the past 2 years? :nightmare::rolleyes:

miknoypinoy

Hilarious! :congratulatory::p

thanks james. . . what was more hilarious was me taking the photo. . .i was laying down on the floor on a pillow squirming around to get different angles. . . took about 11 shots to get what i wanted. . .i used fishing line taped to my daughters hand to hold the card. . ."darn" (another euphemism. . .lol) stuff kept showing up in the shot. . .

Mike150

Euphemisms Dream Job

2012-087x.jpg

Believe it or not, this is a co-worker who DID doze off at his bench. I got the shot, AND his permission to use it here.

Mike150

Dang Mike that must be a good job looks like he eats very good...

Asleep or awake, it is a good job. Only 45 employees, and the company buys breakfast (fruit and muffins) every wednesday. Once a month, each workgroup has a free lunch meeting and also the occasional Pizza Lunches when visitors come by to make presentations. And lest I forget, the free veteran's day lunchen for those of us who served.

Status
Not open for further replies.