D7000 & ps cs4

Johnathan Aulabaugh

Ok so I have D7000 and am trying to figure out what is going on with the Raw files. I can not even open them in cs4 and can only view very small thumb nails in bridge. Lightroom 4 seems to have no issue but I need to open a bracket in cs4. any ideas?

Oh and also Capture NX2 does not work with the D7000 NEF files...

Last edited by a moderator:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Ok so I have D7000 and am trying to figure out what is going on with the Raw files. I can not even open them in cs4 and can only view very small thumb nails in bridge. Lightroom 4 seems to have no issue but I need to open a bracket in cs4. any ideas?

The D7000 is not supported by the Camera RAW plugin of CS4. You'll need to upgrade to CS5 or convert your NEFs to DNG to open in CS4.

Oh and also Capture NX2 does not work with the D7000 NEF files...

Are you running the latest update?

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnathan Aulabaugh

Yeah I did the firmware right off the bat. Did figure out the Capture NX2 needed updated so it atleast works. Thats a bumb deal about Adobe. Kind of Odd when you figure the amount of money that we all spend with them to get the products in the first place. With CS6 just around the corner I am kind of at a stand still. After talking to some of the Adobe testers I am hesitant to buy anything until it is released.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Thats a bumb deal about Adobe. Kind of Odd when you figure the amount of money that we all spend with them to get the products in the first place. With CS6 just around the corner I am kind of at a stand still. After talking to some of the Adobe testers I am hesitant to buy anything until it is released.

Adobe has always used Camera Raw updates as a "hook" to get people to upgrade to new versions of Photoshop. When a new version of PS comes out, they no longer add support for new cameras to old versions.