Busy Last Few Weeks

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I know I haven't been around that much the last 5-6 weeks so I have to thank Jack, Helene and James for picking up some of the mod duties. And Pete for. . . being Pete. :playful:

Since I started a new job in October I've been working out of the house - a lot! It made us realize that I needed some dedicated space. So let's finish the basement, right? Well that meant making a legal egress ($$$). And if we're doing that, shouldn't we install a drainage / sump pump system ($$$)? Long story short, about 30% more than our original estimate but the work is done - primarily thanks to an awesome contractor. I've worked out of the new space for a week now and it is great. I can separate my work and personal stuff easily and work without interrupting the family.

Picture below is my new digs - the full construction pics are here.

New Office.jpg

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
The contractor started on January 25th and final inspection / occupancy permit was February 28th! Had to wait on office furniture (I had the cherry topped desk) and carpeting. We also have a sectional on order which is about 10 days out. Actually when I look back it was pretty quick.

Phillydog1958

Working from home is good and bad. Good from an expense perspective (commuting, dry cleaning, etc.) but bad because you tend to work more hours.

That's a very nice basement office. Congrats! I work from home, too. I'm a field sales consultant for a known, international corporation and I spend much time outside, in front of clients, but a large chunk of my time is dedicated to preparation and paperwork, at home. When you work at home, you certainly do tend to work longer hours. Agreed.

Last edited:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I read your note to Laurie and was side-eyed. . . . But seriously, I think I'm going to wait and see what the D400/D500 will be first. With our trip to Holland and Belgium only 4 1/2 weeks away, I don't think it is the best time to change bodies either.

Philnz

Working from home is good and bad. Good from an expense perspective (commuting, dry cleaning, etc.) but bad because you tend to work more hours.
No It's good you get to go home for lunch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (now keep it clean you guys)