Link: Review of Yongnuo YN468-II Speedlight for Nikon

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Thought that some here might find this interesting: Quick Review: Yongnuo YN468-II Speedlight for Nikon

DSC_7177-680x469.jpg

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
There have been comments regarding other products / models by this company. I haven't personally used them.

Will V|Photography

Interesting. I currently use a YN 460ii and YN CTR-301p triggers. They're pretty decent for the money and I wouldn't hesitate to add few more YN flashes to my bag.

dusktildawn

i've been thinking of getting a couple of these today to try out.

I've got the yn-565ex for Canon and while it works with my D700, i find i can only get correct & usable exposures under manual mode. i'm only a beginner so i'm wondering if it's the lens, my settings or the actual flash that's lacking. Under TTL mode I get really underexposed shots. the lenses i use often are 50mm f/1.8D and 85mm f/1.8D.

anyone have any experience with the YN-565ex Nikon version?

Bukitimah

I have a YN-560 and it cost around USD$100 here in Singapore. It does not have the TTL mode but I am not sure how TTL model works if most time we add diffuser and tilt the flash away from the subject. I prefer to do my own manual adjustments.

In my opinion, depending on the subject background and the color of the subject, TTL will not give you an accurate setting. Just like why you will have to choose M setting instead of A or S unless the environment is stable.

Above is just my guts feel and I am still a novice

silverthornne

I bought one from Deal Extreme and I am quite happy with it. Now, this is my first use of a flash that's not built into the camera, so anything is pretty impressive to me from that point if view!

Seriously though, it works as a slave and with the camera's TTL mode. It also clears my 18-200mm with hood attached, which was a big problem with the D7000's built in flash.

Basically, from my little experience, this is one amazing unit. The manual does mention that it's not meant for full frame cameras so that's an important caveat. Oh, and recycle time is very quick using Eneloops.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Browncoat

If you're looking for a good/inexpensive manual flash, the Strobist recommended LumoPro LP160 is a great deal. I have 2. One of which spent over an hour completely submerged in water and still works like a champ.