Nikon D800 Best Digital Sensor in the World - Doxmark

Eye-level

Banned
I know people have beat up the 1 system because of it's diminutive sensor but Nikon is doing things with these sensors that are remarkable. Personally I'm not going to jump on any bandwagon but that is not to say I haven't thought about it...I'll probably settle for the D700 when I upgrade because I really like it's "purist" aspect no video etc and it shoots a good enough snap for my feeble eye.

Leica is bringing out the M10 soon I wonder how it will stack up against these super sensors??? I know for sure it will be way more expensive!

Eye-level

Banned
I have just now been reading some more stuff about the 800...at ISO 3200 and 6400 the D800 only gains about .5 to .75 of a stop over the D700 so much for a radical increase in low light sensitivity...the best thing though is the 100% viewfinder I can dig that...folks are saying you better upgrade your puter at the same time so it will be able to handle the files...most of our output is web based and if printed most of us don't print very large prints so again the advantage is only slight with the 800 even compared to a 7000 or 300s...all in all the general concensus is that it will be a damn good camera for landscape photogs that make huge prints!

Dr Daniels

All I can say is WOW!
After DxO Mark published the sensor test on the D4, I immediately checked my bank account balance and gave it a loooong thought.

As I mentioned on another post, I just managed to get hold of a D800. I arrived home with the new DSLR and saw the new sensor test from the D800 on DxO, and made me smile quite a bit!