titanic. . .kind of. . .

miknoypinoy

this reminded me of the movie titanic when theyd stand on the bow of the ship. . .this is also from the photo shoot yesterday at city hall. . .overcast day, sun behind the subject, nothing a little photoshop couldnt fix. . . thanks for the look. . .

http://
titanic.jpg

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D700
Lens: 24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8
Image Date: 2013-03-17 05:05:07 -0700
Focal Length: 24.0mm (35mm equivalent: 24mm)
Aperture: f/4.0
Exposure Time: 0.0006 s (1/1600)
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Cloudy
Flash Fired: No
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: Adobe RGB (1998)
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows

strange. . .iso didnt show up. . .just checked on the camera and it was Lo.1

DW_

I like your compositions and have seen many of your photos that are really high quality but this image and the earlier image from this same shoot just don't work for me. Not due to the composition, mind you, but due to that most annoying bright cloud/sun that pulls your eye away and gives the whole frame an out-of-balance feel. In the case of yesterday's image, I think if you were to cut away the sky and place just a blank white background it would add a lot to the composition. But with the big blurp of brightness just degrades the overall image for me. But again, this is just my 2 cents and others may thoroughly disagree with me.

miknoypinoy

thanks dw. in the original images the sky was blown out and was actually mostly white lol. in my eye it took away from the images as it was too empty. I wish there were some nice clouds yesterday as apposed to the overcast. so in my attempt to salvage the shots, I adjusted some levels (contrast, recovery, fill light, blacks, brightness). it was able to darken around the sun and blown out parts. the side effect was it kind of looked like the Greek god Zeus peering through the skies or something. lol. may be i can adjust a bit more to darken the sun thanks for the critique and also the compliments for my other images.