Alone

DW_

My feeble attempt at street photography.
D7k; 18-70mm F/3.5-4.5; f/11; ISO 1600; 1/80 sec

20120315-_1DW5262-2-sm.jpg

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
I don't think it is feeble at all. It is unfortunate that there wasn't some kind of light hitting his face (and maybe that is not the case and the shadow lends mood to the piece) but just the subject himself and the first rate excellent framing and composition make it a very good photograph in my book. You may be able to crop some off the right side and perhaps come up with something stronger but I don't know...it is pretty good as is...

Good job Dave! :) (I hope that is your name...)

Last edited:

bluenoser

Banned
I agree with Jeff in that this is an excellent image which *may* benefit from taking a bit off the right. I'm not sure if this is what Jeff had in mind but I wanted to run it by you Dave

View attachment 9196

View attachment 9195

PS. If you have any issue with me editing your image, please advise and I will delete it from my hard drive immediately otherwise I will delete this image off my hard drive within 2 days.

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
Looks a helluva lot stronger IMHO...it really is a first rate photograph...this is exactly the type of picture a person should be seeking when they are out shooting street portraits...there is a lot of story there just under the surface and you captured it well sir...and an eyepatch too??? To cool man... :)

DW_

Nice, I could go either way with it. Both seem to be telling. My rational for keeping him to the left of the frame was to give the feeling that he was one of many, lost in the shuffle and somewhat hidden. Front and center does look good but the feel is more of a "center of attention" photo, which isn't bad or anything, but does have a very different feel. And no James, I'm okay with people playing with my photos. We're all here to learn and that's all that counts.
Btw,I agree, this guy had an amazing look to him. I had to sneak all these photos and I think he knew what I was doing and kept looking my way. I would have loved to sit him down on a chair and really capture him. A very intriguing fellow, that's for sure.

bluenoser

Banned
Nice, I could go either way with it. Both seem to be telling. My rational for keeping him to the left of the frame was to give the feeling that he was one of many, lost in the shuffle and somewhat hidden. Front and center does look good but the feel is more of a "center of attention" photo, which isn't bad or anything, but does have a very different feel.

Excellent points Dave. I understand your rationale completely.

And no James, I'm okay with people playing with my photos. We're all here to learn and that's all that counts.

Thanks Dave. Editing people's photos without their permission in advance can be a dicey thing to do but I took a chance you'd be okay with it! PHEW! lol! :)