B&W falls

Rick M

Shot with the Nikon 16-85vr @ 16mm. ISO 100, 1/3s, f10 and a Polarizing filter.

Working on capturing water flow. The polarizer not only helps slow the shutter speed,
but cuts the reflection off the water showing more detail.

Thanks for looking.

DSC_0038_1721-2.jpg

westmill

Banned
Nice pic !!!! The 16-85 is a corker. Good Idea too using a polarizer as a neautral density filter !
I like to make scenes like this sureal.

Rick M

By cutting the reflections you see more of the flow of the water and lines it flows in (plus as you said, as a ND). BTW, What does corker mean? :)

Eye-level

Banned
It is a fantastic picture Rick...nice experiment with the water and filter...

I wish the bright whites of the water below the fall was toned down some to sort of balance with the mid and dark tones but it is still a fantastic shot. :)

westmill

Banned
I blue toned the pic as a whole, then took out the blue tone in the trees. Brightend and increased contrast in the trees.
I think it made me think of the Blair Witch Project lol

westmill

Banned
Thanks Rick, glad you like it matey !
Its not easy working on such small pics. They always lose quality on the download Ive noticed too.
It looked a lot better when I had it in PS. I like some Infrared effects in black and white but I hate HDR pics.
I enjoy taking the time with a single image. More often than not Im speed processing hundreds lol.

pedroj

In Photoshop you can run magnetic lasso tool around the bright bits and tone them down a bit with the middle slider in levels..I did a quick one if you would like to see it..

By the way nice pic

Last edited: