Next New DX?

Rick M

I've pretty much decided I'm going to stick with Dx, but I would like to upgrade to the next new body/sensor. Rumors are for a possible D400 or D7100 with a 24mp sensor. I love the sharpness of the d5100/d7000 sensor, but a 24 would give even greater cropping ability.

What are the thoughts of my fellow Nikonites?

Anyone else waiting for the next great Dx?

Eye-level

Banned
Give me a D400 with a magnesium or aluminum or titanium or whatever body and high iso performance at a reasonable price and I am in on DX...I wish they would allow a special option to do away with the video features...I want a camera dedicated to stills but that will probably never happen. Maybe some new high tech lens designs to go with it too...

Last edited:

fotojack

.....I wish they would allow a special option to do away with the video features...I want a camera dedicated to stills but that will probably never happen.
You and me both, bud! I just DO NOT get this fascination with video on a still camera. Ever notice when you're looking at your pictures on your computer, and the picture file says DSC_xxxx? The DSC stands for Digital Still Camera. :)

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Give me a D400 with a magnesium or aluminum or titanium or whatever body and high iso performance at a reasonable price and I am in on DX...I wish they would allow a special option to do away with the video features...I want a camera dedicated to stills but that will probably never happen. Maybe some new high tech lens designs to go with it too...

So when/if this happens, I'll reach out to Jack to see if he is interested in a low mileage well cared for D300. . . .

Rick M

I'm afraid video is here to stay on most new products. Economies of scale, they would be foolish to omit it, and you would pay a fortune not to have it.

Last edited:

fotojack

So when/if this happens, I'll reach out to Jack to see if he is interested in a low mileage well cared for D300. . . .

Oh Eduard...if only I could afford it, I'd take you up on your offer! I'm afraid I'll never have that kind of money. :( Thank you anyway for thinking of me.

westmill

Banned
Im personly Praying for 16million pixel with a slightly improved D300.
You dont need more than that on APSC. More to me is just silly. 24 on Full Frame is fine.
All you gain is bigger files etc. I would be over the moon if they were to put the D7000 sensor in the D300.
If they make a stupid 24 million pixel APSC I shall buy another D300 while stocks last lol.
I hate this mental pixel war. I prefer APSC to FF but the D4 is to my mind the best camera ever to existed.
An APSC version please ! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Rick M

If the D600 rumors hold true, FX at $1500, would seem that they will not come out with a "pro" dx above that price point. May put me over the edge to FX, still don't like the size aspect though.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
If the D600 rumors hold true, FX at $1500, would seem that they will not come out with a "pro" dx above that price point. May put me over the edge to FX, still don't like the size aspect though.

A 24mp FX camera with a $1500 - $1600 price tag is a good compromise on the MP and a better deal (price wise). Face detect is something that I appreciate now compared to the AF of the previous models.